Re: Cape Hatteras

  • asiatali <ace@planety.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 3, 2003
      You are heading down the best time of year. April is their
      windiest month. If you are there for at least a week it should be a
      good trip. Wind wise you should see a range from 10 to 30 knts so
      bring all your stuff to cover all the bases. The water in the sound
      is very mellow. Even in winds up to 25-30 knts it doesn't get bigger
      than a foot or 2. The water temp in the sound is totally dependent on
      the weather. If it is a warm week ie wind out of the south it's
      conceivable that you could be in a shorty maybe even just a swim
      suit. If it's cold ie wind out of the north you will definitely be
      most comfortable in a steamer. The Ocean will probably require a full
      suit no matter what ( around 50-60 degrees) and the surf can be
      mellow to macking.
      As far as accomodations go renting a house is by far the best deal
      if you have enough people to share the cost. You can rent a place in
      any town on the cape but I suggest you get one in Avon. It's central
      and all the shops are there where you can get plenty of advice on
      where to kite. Here's a good site for rentals.
      http://www.hatterasrealty.com/

      Have a great trip,
      Ace

      > Palanning a trip down to Hatteras the end of March/first of April.
      Can anyone