Kite Insurance in Australia

  • ozkiter <ozkiter@yahoo.com.au>
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2003
      Hi All

      Does anybody know an insurance company that will insure kiters
      against liability etc in Australia?

      Its been suggested I try www.aksa.com.au who claim that:

      "The initial reason behind forming the association was to provide
      members with a nationally recognised insurance policy that covers the
      liabilty of the member whilst kite surfing."

      But then neglect to actually show policy details on their site! Is
      there anyone else other than AKSA?

      Jay
    • callum_downie <callum_downie@hotmail.com>
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2003
        The aksa is it as far as I am aware, unless you wanted to aproach
        insurance companys yourself - but that'll cost you a bit more than
        the $50 to join aksa.

        Have you contacted aksa and asked them for details about the policy?
        there must be email addresses on the website...

        Callum

        --- In kitesurf@yahoogroups.com, "ozkiter <ozkiter@y...>"

      • terminalveloce <peter.barnes@pobox.com>
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 5, 2003
          I had the same query - I've never seen the policy for AKSA, don't
          even know who underwrites it. The British Buggy Club used to make
          theirs available, from what I remember. Perhaps a copy could be sent
          out with the renewals?