Re: [ksurf] How do i find a difficult leak in my bladder?

  • Peter Traykovski
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2003
      One trick that worked really well for me with a really tiny pin hole is
      to search with the bladder still in the kite! I use soapy water and just
      rub the le one section at a time.
      I think this may only work with a dacron LE/strut kite since the dacron
      is porous and mylar is not. Having the bladder in the kite allows you to
      pump the bladder really hard. You can't put that much presuure in a
      bladder when it is out of the kite or it will burst. I think some of the
      tiny holes only leak under high presuure so are really difficult to find
      when the bladder is not under high pressure.

      Using this method I found a hole in 10 minutes that I had searched for
      hours using the "bladder out of the kite" methods.Good luck.

      -Peter