Re: [ksurf] How do i find a difficult leak in my bladder?

  • Jef.Van.De.Mosselaer@atlascopco.be
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2003
      Take it out again, pump it up and take it - litlle by little - through a
      water+soap bath. When the leak is in the water, you will see some
      airbubbles coming up.
    • Peter Traykovski
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2003
        One trick that worked really well for me with a really tiny pin hole is
        to search with the bladder still in the kite! I use soapy water and just
        rub the le one section at a time.
        I think this may only work with a dacron LE/strut kite since the dacron
        is porous and mylar is not. Having the bladder in the kite allows you to
        pump the bladder really hard. You can't put that much presuure in a
        bladder when it is out of the kite or it will burst. I think some of the
        tiny holes only leak under high presuure so are really difficult to find
        when the bladder is not under high pressure.

        Using this method I found a hole in 10 minutes that I had searched for
        hours using the "bladder out of the kite" methods.Good luck.

        -Peter