Re: [ksurf] Re: Kiteboarding Mag Attitude Problem

  • Stefano P. Rosso
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 11, 2002
      > BTW, only having a bit of fun. As it happens, I totally agree with
      > you.
      >
      > Nick

      ha ha.. you arent the demographic either... I am 30. how old are you
      others ?
    • Rob Munro
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 12, 2002
        My cents worth.... if you are into Wakeboard style, then the US Mag is
        pretty much into that, as well as only US based riders, and advertisers.
        Here in South Africa we get Kiteworld, which has great photography and
        articles and I believe is about 100 times as good as the US equiv. Kitesurf
        from the UK is pretty good too. All 3 are available to us and the last to
        be sold is always the US mag. Normally the news is old and most people do
        not use wakeboards, so they are irelevent to most customers. Also, women
        prefer the other mags as they are not degrading.

        I have submitted articles, photgraphs and more to all of these mags and only
        the Kitesurf and Kiteworld show interest in things outside of the US. A lot
        is going on out here and for the US market to be so blind to other countries
        is their loss. If you want to know what is happening outside of the US and
        Wakestyle riding, do yourselves a favour and read Kiteworld - it is
        available in most countries and you can contact www.kiteworldmag.com for
        more info. or https://www.xcshop.com/details.asp?PID=50&CID=33

        I did a world tour last June - Aug and the only kite mag I saw in each
        country was Kiteworld. They are also conducting their Medium Apsect Ratio
        kite test in Jan at our center, so obviously we are super stoked with the
        mag!

        Regards

        Rob
        Fluid Sports
        South Africa
        www.capesport.co.za
      • Stefano P. Rosso
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 12, 2002
          >>Case 4: Ryan slams the kiteboarding "underworld" that exists in
          >>internet e-groups and chat rooms.
          >

          > Maybe its a hidden bitterness because everything in the mag is old
          > news to us. I haven't renewed.

          I like their NEW GEAR announcements ! stuff thats been discussed and
          tested already gets announced on the magazine 6 months later.
        • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 15, 2002
            In a message dated 12/14/2002 3:00:08 PM Pacific Standard Time,
            jimhartnett45@... writes:

            > 10] For those who say we should "get a life" and stop
            > complaining, that we should be kitesurfing rather than sitting at
            > our computers... Fair point. But there are windless times when it
            > is not possible to kitesurf... it is possible to bring attention to
            > issues like KB Mag's attitude problem, have a rich and fulfilling
            > life, and kitesurf!

            At least You Admit you have too much b.s., echo> Stop Complaining.
            I've seen
            US Windsurfing Mag's become EUNUCH's- LETs not 'try' to do it to
            Kitesurfing.
            Sounds like you need a no-wind sport to supplement your life - better yet -

            get a Hot, expensive, sexy woman in your life > and your complaints
            will change.
            Mine did.
            Scott

          • TIGANAISH@aol.com
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 15, 2002
              Jim Hartnett's post was totally right on and accurate. I have been a
              subscriber since the first issue of Kiteboarding and have thoroughly enjoyed
              the mag but have been dispointed in the decline of quality and increase of
              "crass." I have considered voting with my wallet/subscription but will
              probably take the action of notifying the advertisers first and then World
              Publications.

              Andre's assessment of Corky's literary talents are exactly what I have
              observed. I am always dissapointed when a writer (or a contributor to this
              post) uses profanity to make up for lack of an expressive vocabulary.

              I have kited at kite beach several times over the years and have found most
              everyone there to be friendly (inspite of the new 'now go home' shirts). I
              believe I am far from the magazine's demographic as I am 48 years old and
              going on five years of kiteboarding. I realize that in most sports,
              especially extreme-type sports, that the pros are going to be young, strong,
              full of testostorone and sexually minded. I am willing to cut some slack
              but if any magazine veers too much from its purpose it will likely lose
              readership.

              I have learned tons and tons from this egroup, especially when I was
              learning, have bought and sold equipment, and have made friends in other
              states and countries. Now that I think about it, I think I have enjoyed the
              e-group more than the magazine.

              Thanks for letting me respond to the Kiteboarding posts.

              Kurtis Nelson

            • LA2WNDSRF@aol.com
              Message 6 of 7 , Jan 1, 2003
                In a message dated 1/1/2003 4:06:12 PM Pacific Standard Time,
                Greg.Walsh@... writes:

                > The anti-Kiteboarding Mag post looks like a repost of an earlier
                > message. I don't know if it is worth addressing at length.

                EXACTLY !
                Why is it being reposted? It's a DEAD HORSE.
                All of those post(s) were stated before.
                r.i.p. (but not on my kite!).
                It Met with mild reception before,
                now let it go.

                And yes, ditto, go buy a different mag.
                SBC Kiteboarding is a good North American alternative.
                Dont' let me see it come up again.
                Free Speech is alive and well and living (badly) in
                the good 'ol USA.

                Killer Karter,
                Kite Killer Kabrillo Beach
                in LA
                ps- explain to me why a girl in a bikini is porno?
                Euro's have partial nude women in their's - 's up?

              • John Penxa <johnpenxa@hotmail.com>
                Message 7 of 7 , Jan 2, 2003
                  It would seem that the moral minority has got their panties in an
                  uproar over a non issue. Excellent point with the prono comments.

                  BTW From this point of view, I guess Jimmy Lewis is the biggest Pimp
                  Daddy of all, Have you seen his web site??? (please do not confuse
                  that this comment is indeed SARCASIUM)

                  I guess they (whiney "moral; minority") misinterpreted the 2001 Naish
                  Marketing campaign, "Kitesurfing, absolutely the wrong sport for
                  99% of the population!!!

                  My guess is that the whiners belong in the 99% category!

                  Cheers and a happy new year from Seattle!

                  John Penxa