[ksurf] polls etc

  • srosso@bunge.com.br
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 28, 1998
      Stephano: Have you ever tried doing one of the polls on the bulletin
      board?
      I think it would be kind of interesting to see what type of equipment
      people
      are using, where they kitesurf, how long they have been kitesurfing, do
      they
      switch feet, etc.... What do you think?

      Eric, (and the list)

      The egroups people are making it very easy for us to interact even more
      than we already do, and in less intrusive ways than by lots of email. There
      are 3 basic things we could do additionally

      1 = member profiles - Similar to my web page - there is a place that each
      of us could go and describe themselves equipment etcetera.

      2 = polls - if we want to have a poll with the members, or something like a
      vote - this can be created and then each member can go and post his vote
      (anonymous or not) and we can for example ask about people's opinions on
      when where to hold competitions etc.

      3 = calendar - there is a main calendar for the group where we can post
      events, contests, or anything else... this can be accessed by anyone in the
      group and could help us coordinate for events etc.

      Based on the experience of building my website with personal information of
      the members - I got 25-30 responses out of more than 130 kitesurfers...
      Thats 20%
      The people that send messages are about 25-30 as well - the rest listen in
      silence.

      I would be more than willing to do more stuff for the group but the
      participation in this type of things is quite low. I suggest the following:

      Everybody that has 5 spare minutes go to www.egroups.com/lists/kitesurf and
      check it out a little more. Check out these new features. Take some time
      and enter some information in your personal profile or whatever.

      If we see that people get into this then we can REALLY start using the full
      potential otherwise, I think people are happy like it is right now.

      stefano