Re: [ksurf] Re: Best Sleeveing?

  • Gunnar Westholm
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2002
      My friend did that, but I think it was 4mm rope, It work's ok,
      But I have a lot of Kiteskiing fiends and I think useing ordinary shoe string type sleeveing would save both time and money,
      I have don alot of sleeveing in my days so no instructions are needed, Thx anyway Greg.

      ///Gunnar

      > Buy some 2mm dyneema, spectra or kevlar rope and pull the core out
      > and use that. Cut your sleeving to length with scissors or a knife
      > then put a thick nail or skewer in the end and gently melt the cut
      > end to stop fraying. Rotate the nail a little while doing it and you
      > will end up with a slightly flared end on the sleeving. The flaring
      > makes it easier to get the doubled over line into the sleeving.
      >
      > Do you need instructions on how to do the sleeving?
      >
      > Greg
    • arcscot33
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2002
        I tried using 2mm sleaving for my q-power lines but there was no-way
        it was going to fit through doubled over, i ended up using 4mm, it's
        a bit thick but seems to do the job ok.
      • Gunnar Westholm
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2002
          Yepp, Soooooo right about that Mark ;o)

          As soon as you get over your limit in any way there is a possibility that the lines and the skis get in contact,

          It have happened to me when crashing in a satrugi in flat out visibility,
          When doing one of my first 720* rotations,

          And when one of my less experienced friends borrowed my kite.

          And some other times in the past to I think,

          ///Gunnar