don't throw out your windsurfing gear!

  • windwahine
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2002
      To all you kiters looking to get rid of your windsurfing gear, I'm looking for a mast and boom to complete the classic windboarding rig I'm giving to a friend who has 8 children. They live near a pond and a couple summers ago I gave them an old beginner board. They loved it and got alot of use out of it along with all the neighborhood kids. Now they're looking for a set-up they can actually use to get into windsurfing. I'm giving them my 9ft light wind board and 5.7m sail with mast foot/base and uphaul. However I don't have a mast or boom to give them. So if you are in the Cape Cod, MA or Providence, RI area and could provide a 430-460 mast and a boom please e-mail me. It would be much appreciated and used. Please don't ever throw out your classic windboarding gear. Instead consider giving it to a sailing club or summer camp. Here on the Cape and in Boston we have camps for children with disabilities that need useable w/s gear. Thanks so much everyone!
      Peace love and altitude, Holly
    • windwahine
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2002
        For anyone who's interested in donating useable old windsurfing gear check out this story:

        http://www.capecodonline.com/cctimes/archives/2002/jul/12/camp12.htm

        Thanks for helping to spread the stoke! Holly