Re: [kitesurf] What kind of wind

  • Ian Young
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4, 1998
      > What are your experiences with low winds?

      If it is less that 12-25 knots I usually go buggying instaed.

      > Does anybody out there use Flexifoils?

      Only for buggying.

      > What about 2 or 4 line control?

      Only two line for kite skiing/ surfing.

      > Can you kite with 3 line control? (one for the bottom and 2 for the sides)

      Technically I can't see any reason why it wouldn't work - it wouldn't
      have the same responsiveness as a four line as you wouldn't be able to
      get the same "twist" in the kite.

      I personally find the KiteSki control bar with the disc brake pay-out
      winch to be the way to go for speed of set-up, pack-up and getting
      tension back on the lines/ re-launching in deep water. I've always
      found that the KISS principle (keep it simple stupid) a good one to
      stick to ie 2 vs 4 lines, especially in the water!

      Cheers,
      Ian

      ----
      Read this list on the Web at http://www.FindMail.com/list/kitesurf/