Re: [ksurf] 8m X2 too fast

  • Suntrax
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2002
      From: <Henssaunders@...>
      To: <kitesurf@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2002 10:59 PM
      Subject: [ksurf] 8m X2 too fast

      > Ive been using all the other X2s down to 12ms fine, got the 8m the other
      day,
      > for its wind range and discovered its not just fast but mentally fast. any
      > loops, transitions end up in a mess, the kite hits the deck before I do.
      > Any thoughts!! is everyone having this problem??
      > the bar does seem quite big!! Does a micro bar really slow it down or am I
      > going to be stuck with a super wave riding kite and thats it!!
      > Apart from getting an Aero 2 , 8m would sowing another tab closer to the
      > front help drastically>
      > Any ideas?

      Presumably you have the correct bar?, should be a 52.5cm.(20.5") , one size
      smaller than the 12.0. As suggested by James (and the Naish manual), if you
      have not already tried, moving your flying (back) lines from the outer
      pigtail in to the central or inner one also helps but you need to experiment
      there.

      Regards

      Brian

      Brian Wilson