[ksurf] Re: Aerodynamics

  • Hung Vu
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 27, 1998
      Ian Young wrote:

      > When are we going to see some good discussion on aerodynamics ie kites acting a
      > deflector in max power zone vs more of an airfoil on edges of the wind window?
      > I've never studied the subject but I'm sure there must be some of you who have
      > and could share a few basic concepts with us.

      While doing some research about power kite last month, I encountered
      this review from Andrew (review of the Peel kite from Peter). This
      review is at http://www.kfs.org/kites/Revfaq/Lynn_Peel.txt which may be
      of interest to you.

      Hung.

      P.S. From the review it sounds like the Peel has an "automatic reefing
      system" to allow the user to use it in a wider wind range (similar to
      the twist-off leech of the mordern windsurfing sail). I just wonder
      whether any mordern kite has this feature?