[ksurf] Re: death in brazil

  • kiteboard2000
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 6, 2002
      --- In kitesurf@y..., "theflyingtinman" <thorpes@a...> wrote:

      > Anyone floating
      > with only his head showing in chop...is very likely to remain
      > unseen by even a reasonble speedboat driver.

      In fact, even someone riding on a sailboard, with up to 10 square
      meters of sail held on a plane perpendicular to the boat's course, is
      very likely to be unseen. There have been many local collisions with
      sailboards because of this. Keep in mind that glare from the sun can
      be a big factor, with or without chop.

      I suggest staying WELL away from all boats, the faster they are, the
      further you need to be. Also be VERY careful to avoid falling, since
      it reduces or eliminates your ability to maneuver.

      Mel