Re: What is everybody riding as a lite wind board

  • Jeff Quick
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2002
      With lightwind, you need EVERYTHING going for you, so go big (surface
      area) and go floaty (volume)... The jumps suck in lightwind anyway,
      so who cares about using a big board (which will hamper jumps).
      Maybe you can do some waveriding (big boards help here too)...and you
      can still jump off of waves (using the momentum for air rather than
      the slow lift you will get from the kite).

      I'd say go with a huge kite (that turns quickly) and a board thats
      atleast 7 feet long and floaty with a good edge. Using this board
      and a 16.0 inflateable, a 200lb rider could get going in a steady 6-8
      MPH of wind...

      Less wind that this SUCKS...its not worth the hassle.