underground decks, any decks

  • Kitepower
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2002
      They actually breed illegal immigrants from Russia at the Underground, they
      even have a trained one they keep as a pet, they only feed him coffee!
      The rest they feed a specially researched blend of cereal, fibreglass, and
      sand, all in a clear resin soup, this provokes a strong allergic reaction,
      and the mixture is sneezed onto each board, all natural
      finish.....................................

      Actually I am more interested in what people have to say about the board,
      and what sizes of fins people are using.
      I am getting a lot of people wanting to use up to 60mm/2.5" fins on them but
      on the last models the DT's abd LT's etc people rarely used more than 40mm
      fins.
      I hope you and Nick get some wind to test the boards.
      Cya and
      Goodwinds
      Steve McCormack
      http://www.kitepower.com.au
      open 7 days, every week.

      > Message: 18
      > Date: Fri, 01 Nov 2002 10:28:01 -0000
      > From: "hernanhome" <hernanhome@...>
      > Subject: Re: underground decks, any decks
      >
      > Nick:
      > I have a new wt142 and have no anti-skip. Underground was a
      > windsurf board factory so, i think, they are used to this type of
      > finish. On the other hand is far less work as you dont have to
      > sand and polish the deck as when you want a polished finish. (I
      > have done more than 400 custom windsurfboards)
      > I personally thing that non-skid on kiteboard is a bad thing. Last
      > year I "sand my knee" to the bone in a wipeout over a hard non
      > skid board (naish).
      > If yours have it, sand it without fear (sandpaper 120-150), until
      > you get a soft and even texture.
      >
      > Enjoy your board, post coments later.
      > ( Im trying to found the best fin config. yet)
      >

      > --- In kitesurf@y..., "kiteboardingjapan" <nick@h...> wrote:
      > > Why does Underground spray their decks with a non-slip
      > coating. I
      > > can't see why a board you don't gibe has it. Can someone
      > enlighten
      > > me? Got my WT 142 today, and we've got 25+ knots forcast for
      > the next
      > > 3 days!
      > >
      > > Nick
    • purdyd
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2002
        --- In kitesurf@y..., "kiteboardingjapan" <nick@h...> wrote:
        > Why does Underground spray their decks with a non-slip coating. I
        > can't see why a board you don't gibe has it. Can someone enlighten
        > me?

        I talked with Adrian Roper about this

        1) it is easier to make then perfectly smooth
        2) is is easier to grab the board

        I personally sand down the whole board. I would say it is easier to
        sand down grip than add it. I don't think I would like it perfectly
        smooth.

        David
      • pkckite
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 2, 2002
          I personally like the grip on it , but wish he would take it out
          from just under the center handle where your hands get scraped up
          on no foot stuff. But at times I land without my foot in the strap
          and the grip has saved my landings.

          Prokitesurf.com