Re: Concept Air kites

  • kiteboardingjapan
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2002
      --- In kitesurf@y..., "hink_trent" <hink_trent@y...> wrote:
      >Has anyone tried messing with their concept air to get a
      > working sheeting system?

      Ian Young was selling a system for Concept Air kites about 2 years
      ago. I never saw it, but it sounds a lot like the systems that come
      standard on some foils now.

      Nick
    • Ro
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 2, 2002
        I once tried the set up of the depowering system used in some
        moskitos(?) deforming the wing in a "bat" shape (pulling the central
        chords thus reducing the projected area) but it sucked.

        I think Concept Airs fly at their best as they are. They are so
        finely tuned that any changes in AoA or shape decreases dramatically
        their efficiency

        I used to have a 7.2 CA and still have (since the very early and
        dark stages of kitesurfing) a CA 4.8 which I will never dare to sell
        even though I regularly sail with inflatables.

        Rod

        --- In kitesurf@y..., "kiteboardingjapan" <nick@h...> wrote:
        > --- In kitesurf@y..., "hink_trent" <hink_trent@y...> wrote:
        > >Has anyone tried messing with their concept air to get a
        > > working sheeting system?
        >
        > Ian Young was selling a system for Concept Air kites about 2 years
        > ago. I never saw it, but it sounds a lot like the systems that
        come
        > standard on some foils now.
        >
        > Nick
      • kiteboardingjapan
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 3, 2002
          --- In kitesurf@y..., "Ro" <rodr1g0@y...> wrote:
          > I think Concept Airs fly at their best as they are. They are so
          > finely tuned that any changes in AoA or shape decreases
          dramatically
          > their efficiency
          >
          > I used to have a 7.2 CA and still have (since the very early and
          > dark stages of kitesurfing) a CA 4.8 which I will never dare to
          sell
          > even though I regularly sail with inflatables.

          The very first kite I ever used was a CA 7.2 EX. We found that
          adjusting the AoA according to the wind conditions dramatically
          increased their efficiency. I'd love to try the kite again now...

          Nick