Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: Concept Air kites

Expand Messages
  • hink_trent
    I m suprised Concept Air has not come out with a kite that has true depower. One of my friends uses an open-cell concept air kite with the variable speed
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 1, 2002
    • 0 Attachment
      I'm suprised Concept Air has not come out with a kite that has true
      depower. One of my friends uses an open-cell concept air kite with
      the variable speed system for kite skiing (in winter) and he says
      moving the knots makes a realy noticable difference in the speed and
      power of the kite.

      Two years ago I was thinking of getting a used one and trying to rig
      it to get on-the-fly adjustment, but by the time I had the spare cash
      the Boom and flysurfer foils were available so I just saved for one
      of those. Has anyone tried messing with their concept air to get a
      working sheeting system?

      --- In kitesurf@y..., Mick Pilcher <mpilch@b...> wrote:
      > They also have a 'variable speed system' which is a set of 3 knots
      that
      > enable you to adjust the angle of attack of the kite, by changing
      which knot
      > your flying lines attach to.
    • kiteboardingjapan
      ... Ian Young was selling a system for Concept Air kites about 2 years ago. I never saw it, but it sounds a lot like the systems that come standard on some
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 1, 2002
      • 0 Attachment
        --- In kitesurf@y..., "hink_trent" <hink_trent@y...> wrote:
        >Has anyone tried messing with their concept air to get a
        > working sheeting system?

        Ian Young was selling a system for Concept Air kites about 2 years
        ago. I never saw it, but it sounds a lot like the systems that come
        standard on some foils now.

        Nick
      • Ro
        I once tried the set up of the depowering system used in some moskitos(?) deforming the wing in a bat shape (pulling the central chords thus reducing the
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 2, 2002
        • 0 Attachment
          I once tried the set up of the depowering system used in some
          moskitos(?) deforming the wing in a "bat" shape (pulling the central
          chords thus reducing the projected area) but it sucked.

          I think Concept Airs fly at their best as they are. They are so
          finely tuned that any changes in AoA or shape decreases dramatically
          their efficiency

          I used to have a 7.2 CA and still have (since the very early and
          dark stages of kitesurfing) a CA 4.8 which I will never dare to sell
          even though I regularly sail with inflatables.

          Rod

          --- In kitesurf@y..., "kiteboardingjapan" <nick@h...> wrote:
          > --- In kitesurf@y..., "hink_trent" <hink_trent@y...> wrote:
          > >Has anyone tried messing with their concept air to get a
          > > working sheeting system?
          >
          > Ian Young was selling a system for Concept Air kites about 2 years
          > ago. I never saw it, but it sounds a lot like the systems that
          come
          > standard on some foils now.
          >
          > Nick
        • kiteboardingjapan
          ... dramatically ... sell ... The very first kite I ever used was a CA 7.2 EX. We found that adjusting the AoA according to the wind conditions dramatically
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 3, 2002
          • 0 Attachment
            --- In kitesurf@y..., "Ro" <rodr1g0@y...> wrote:
            > I think Concept Airs fly at their best as they are. They are so
            > finely tuned that any changes in AoA or shape decreases
            dramatically
            > their efficiency
            >
            > I used to have a 7.2 CA and still have (since the very early and
            > dark stages of kitesurfing) a CA 4.8 which I will never dare to
            sell
            > even though I regularly sail with inflatables.

            The very first kite I ever used was a CA 7.2 EX. We found that
            adjusting the AoA according to the wind conditions dramatically
            increased their efficiency. I'd love to try the kite again now...

            Nick
          Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.