RE: [ksurf] Re: Slingshot Fuels

  • Federico A. Cetta
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1, 2002
      The rows describing the wind range in knots, for 80 and 60 kg seems to ba
      switched...
      Also, I had understood that the aspect ratio of 2002 Fuels was medium/high
      (at least not as high as airblast or X2)
      So, is the information on the site rigth?

      Federico.

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2002
        Hi Federico,
        What do you mean the rows are switched? If you weigh more you'll be
        able to hold the kite in more wind, weigh less-less wind.
        2002 Fuels have a medium high Ar, the 16m has an AR of 5.3, the 2003
        kites look like higher AR to me, more similar to the X2.
        Info on the white reef site looks ok to me.
        Jo

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Johnny
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 2, 2002
          I am updating our new Fuel page on monday. In the mean time, the
          information of the reef site is accurate!! This is all stuff that
          was given to them directly from SlingShot company. Whtereef didnt
          make any of it up. You will soon see comparable charts and graphics
          on othe sites with SlingShot kites on them.

          The further to the outside of the kite you attach the lines to, the
          more power the kite can handle. The only question is...how much
          power can you handle?

          I hit this forum once every week or two, sometimes less cause I just
          don't like it here and that's cause I'm just not liked here, so feel
          free to email me for any technical questions or support you may want
          or need on the brand.

          Johnny
          www.tbks.net

        • James
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 3, 2002
            Hi Nick,

            > Then the figures on this site must be incorrect.
            > http://www.white-reef.com/Kite/Wings/Fuel_2003.htm

            Yeah that's wierd. All the stuff I have heard is that these kites are
            powerful for their size but who knows.

            > Could you tell me what the shackle on the chicken loop is (if it has
            > a name on it). Also, does it release okay?

            The bars I got are the old ones. They don't have the QR on the chicken
            loop. They also don't have the adjustable stopper on the chicken loop
            line. The shop says the new bar won't be available in Australia
            (anyone know about this?).

            Also, had a go on the 15m last Friday. Wind was 10 - 16 knots, and at
            times I was really powered, but also underpowered at others. I was
            more powered than 14m X2's, and when the wind died was the last one out
            on the water. I still need to play around with the connection points
            to get the power sussed out. In the dealers manual it says that they
            recommend using the 2 innermost points (this would give more power). I
            haven't tried on these yet. I am still waiting for some proper wind.

            James
          • pete_weatherhead
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 5, 2002
              --- In kitesurf@y..., "James" <james.mccann@c...> wrote:
              > Hi Nick,
              >
              > > Then the figures on this site must be incorrect.
              > > http://www.white-reef.com/Kite/Wings/Fuel_2003.htm
              >
              > Yeah that's wierd. All the stuff I have heard is that these kites
              are
              > powerful for their size but who knows.
              >
              > > Could you tell me what the shackle on the chicken loop is (if it
              has
              > > a name on it). Also, does it release okay?
              >
              > The bars I got are the old ones. They don't have the QR on the
              chicken
              > loop. They also don't have the adjustable stopper on the chicken
              loop
              > line. The shop says the new bar won't be available in Australia
              > (anyone know about this?).

              Ditto, I was told that the new bar would be in australia late
              2002/early 2003.

              > Also, had a go on the 15m last Friday. Wind was 10 - 16 knots, and
              at
              > times I was really powered, but also underpowered at others. I was
              > more powered than 14m X2's, and when the wind died was the last one
              out
              > on the water. I still need to play around with the connection
              points
              > to get the power sussed out. In the dealers manual it says that
              they
              > recommend using the 2 innermost points (this would give more
              power). I
              > haven't tried on these yet. I am still waiting for some proper
              wind.

              I too havent played with the attachment settings so far a havent
              moved off the outer front one, and the middle back one, because it
              works, and feels about the same as my rhino (17m fuel), need to go to
              the coast to get a nice consistant wind to test these different
              points out, it just wouldnt be easy to play with here

              Later,

              Pete

              > James
            • James
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 5, 2002
                Hi Pete,

                I feel that changing the points really helps change the windrange (from
                very limited experience playing with it). See the file I uploaded to
                the group called "SShot2003linesettings.jpg". I really liked the
                middle front & middle back setting. I need to get some more rope so I
                can have pigtails on all the attachment points for quick adjustment.

                See ya,
                James