[ksurf] Re: The Ongoing Slanging Match - NOT KITESURFING

  • Goshen Watts
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2002
      Mate, I'm sure there's many out there now that don't come here for
      the kitesurfing anyway, they come here for you guys :-)

      Fucking hilarilous! LOL LOL :-))) I'm serious!

      I can't help but find the stuff that goes on here highly ammusing.
      And Ari you take the cake. I end up in tears every time!

      Goshen Watts
      (....pst....www.kitepower.com.au), oppps.

      --- In kitesurf@y..., Mark Pronk <mpronk@m...> wrote:
      > Hey everyone, Ari's back!!!!
      >
      > Welcome back Ari, hope your critical view on the (Kitesurf) world's
      events
      > will shine a light on this group!!!
      >
      > mARC
      >
      > --------------------------------------
      > Have fun kiting, whatever you fly!
      > http://www.foils.tk
      > --------------------------------------

      KITESURFING

      > >Whoa !! This Cully dude really has a problem!
      > >Not because he does not like some of the posts,but because he
      > >believes that half of everyone else feels like him!
      > >
      > >What a boring person !
      > >What a boring World he wants us all to live in!
      > >Because he doesn't like what some people say,he believes they
      should
      > >not say it !
      > >
      > >Hey,Cully,its quite easy to start a forum,the instructions are at
      the
      > >top of the page.Why don't you start your own little
      > >moderated,sanitary,censored forum? You could take all the other
      > >boring,self righteous anal retentives with you. You should be
      able to
      > >get plenty of members.About four,at least !
      > >
      > >Ari
      > >

      > >--- In kitesurf@y..., "Cully" <jcull@b...> wrote:
      > >> Heya everyone,
      > >>
      > >> I've sat back and listened to a heap of the great info that
      goes
      > >back and
      > >> forth on this list, and also the little (and not so little)
      knives,
> [...]
      > >>
      > >> I don't know about you all, but I am sick of this crap. I have
      > >tried to
      > >> email some of the people privately, and I have talked it out
      with
      > >some of
      > >> them, but the general response is that, I will respond to
      anything
      > >I see
      > >> fit, in anyway I see fit. " to get the most mileage " was one
      of
      > >the phrases
      > >> used.
      > >>
      > >> I have nothing against the induhviduals involved, and I respect
      the
      > >fact
      > >> this is an unmoderated forum for several reasons. But I will
      ask
      > >once again,
      > >> for those who want to go on about personalities without having
      any
      > >kiting
      > >> substance to the email, please do so in private.
      > >>
      > >> Also, I was warned that " but please don't start acting like
      those
      > >you
      > >> accuse ". Perhaps I am doing exactly that, by making this
      public,
      > >but I have
      > >> tried to keep this private, but due to the more and more people
      > >jumping on
      > >> the band-wagon, something really does need to be done about it.
      > >>
      > >> I realise I have not followed my own rules by posting this, but
      > >perhaps
      > >> there is a solution. (Not that I think anyone will follow my
      lead,
      > >but Oh
      > >> for a world that makes sense.)
      > >>
      > >> We have 1800+ members in this forum. Even if half of you are
      sick
      > >to death
      > >> of this constant prattle about xxx is a dickhead, or yyy thinks
      > >this so he
      > >> is a wanker, then email the person involved privately and tell
      them
      > >so. I'm
      > >> sure some people will agree with them, for sticking up for what
      > >they believe
      > >> etc, but how anyone can accept that by throwing around insults,
      you
      > >are
      > >> doing your cause any good? (Ahhh Mileage again I guess)
      > >>
      > >> How many people, after receiving several hundred emails, will
      > >continue down
      > >> this path? I'm sure a few of the ego maniacs will be happy as
      they
      > >are
      > >> finally getting emails that are addressed to them, rather than
      list
      > >emails,
      > >> but be stuffed if I would want to go through all those emails
      to get
      > >> anything useful.
      > >>
      > >> Or do we just sit in silence and throw the odd (hahahah)
      cursory
      > >insult?
      > >>
      > >> Rick, Don't spose in the exit txt file that gets sent out to
      people
      > >that
      > >> leave this group, that you could get them to answer a simple
      > >question (or
      > >> perhaps put it on a poll??) ... Why are you leaving this
      group ? I
      > >wouldn't
      > >> be suprised if its people watching the public bickering and
      just
      > >getting
      > >> sick of it, because this forum has sure come out with some of
      the
      > >greatest
      > >> info about this sport.
      > >>
      > >> My only public post on the matter. Sorry to those who wasted
      the
      > >time to
      > >> read this.
      > >>

      > >> Have a good one all :)
      > >>
      > >> Cully
      > >

      > >This group is sponsored by KITEHIGH.COM
      > >Kiteboarding Lessons & 120 pages gear & info.
      > >Naish, Cabrinha, Airush, Wipika, Takoon, PL, LWD, Liquid
      > >Force, Earthboards, Pro Limits, NSI, and more ...
      > >Since '99 - http://www.KITEHIGH.COM

      > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Stefano P. Rosso
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2002
        > If it keeps up maybe we need to start another alternate group with explicit
        > rules that people get banned for any type of personal crap, or if they cross a
        > threshold in the COM department. There might even be a flat out rule that
        > those with business interests aren't welcome on that group.
        >
        > It would be a shame, but we are not here to read advertising or personal
        > insults.

        we can do that here... who wants to be in charge ?
      • flashboarder
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2002
          Stefano,
          please don't let them screw the forum more than it already is...
          stay in charge, you're fine, we don't want a police here.

          Guys, it's actually quite easy to set up your e-mail software in a
          way it will block all incoming messages from a specific e-mail
          address. Why don't you do that?

          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1, 2002
            > Stefano,
            > please don't let them screw the forum more than it already is...
            > stay in charge, you're fine, we don't want a police here.
            >

            >>we can do that here... who wants to be in charge ?

            Actually - its quite easy ... everytime someone mentions the gruop
            should be moderated I just ask who wants to do it and noone comes up so
            we let things as they are...

            This is the only way to work a forum... (with the volume we get)
          • lowrider
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 1, 2002
              believe me, surfers and moderators is really not a good match. anyone
              should be just fine by ignoring crapp and posting messages that'll make us
              laugh, think or improve our skills. there's really nothing to it. ;-)

              stoked4life, rudy.g