RE: [ksurf] Re: The Ongoing Slanging Match - NOT KITESURFING

  • Mark Pronk
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 1, 2002
      SHUTUP Phil... ;-)

      mARC

      --------------------------------------
      Have fun kiting, whatever you fly!
      http://www.foils.tk
      --------------------------------------

    • Goshen Watts
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 1, 2002
        Mate, I'm sure there's many out there now that don't come here for
        the kitesurfing anyway, they come here for you guys :-)

        Fucking hilarilous! LOL LOL :-))) I'm serious!

        I can't help but find the stuff that goes on here highly ammusing.
        And Ari you take the cake. I end up in tears every time!

        Goshen Watts
        (....pst....www.kitepower.com.au), oppps.

        --- In kitesurf@y..., Mark Pronk <mpronk@m...> wrote:
        > Hey everyone, Ari's back!!!!
        >
        > Welcome back Ari, hope your critical view on the (Kitesurf) world's
        events
        > will shine a light on this group!!!
        >
        > mARC
        >
        > --------------------------------------
        > Have fun kiting, whatever you fly!
        > http://www.foils.tk
        > --------------------------------------

        knives,
> [...]
        > >>
        > >> I don't know about you all, but I am sick of this crap. I have
        > >tried to
        > >> email some of the people privately, and I have talked it out
        with
        > >some of
        > >> them, but the general response is that, I will respond to
        anything
        > >I see
        > >> fit, in anyway I see fit. " to get the most mileage " was one
        of
        > >the phrases
        > >> used.
        > >>
        > >> I have nothing against the induhviduals involved, and I respect
        the
        > >fact
        > >> this is an unmoderated forum for several reasons. But I will
        ask
        > >once again,
        > >> for those who want to go on about personalities without having
        any
        > >kiting
        > >> substance to the email, please do so in private.
        > >>
        > >> Also, I was warned that " but please don't start acting like
        those
        > >you
        > >> accuse ". Perhaps I am doing exactly that, by making this
        public,
        > >but I have
        > >> tried to keep this private, but due to the more and more people
        > >jumping on
        > >> the band-wagon, something really does need to be done about it.
        > >>
        > >> I realise I have not followed my own rules by posting this, but
        > >perhaps
        > >> there is a solution. (Not that I think anyone will follow my
        lead,
        > >but Oh
        > >> for a world that makes sense.)
        > >>
        > >> We have 1800+ members in this forum. Even if half of you are
        sick
        > >to death
        > >> of this constant prattle about xxx is a dickhead, or yyy thinks
        > >this so he
        > >> is a wanker, then email the person involved privately and tell
        them
        > >so. I'm
        > >> sure some people will agree with them, for sticking up for what
        > >they believe
        > >> etc, but how anyone can accept that by throwing around insults,
        you
        > >are
        > >> doing your cause any good? (Ahhh Mileage again I guess)
        > >>
        > >> How many people, after receiving several hundred emails, will
        > >continue down
        > >> this path? I'm sure a few of the ego maniacs will be happy as
        they
        > >are
        > >> finally getting emails that are addressed to them, rather than
        list
        > >emails,
        > >> but be stuffed if I would want to go through all those emails
        to get
        > >> anything useful.
        > >>
        > >> Or do we just sit in silence and throw the odd (hahahah)
        cursory
        > >insult?
        > >>
        > >> Rick, Don't spose in the exit txt file that gets sent out to
        people
        > >that
        > >> leave this group, that you could get them to answer a simple
        > >question (or
        > >> perhaps put it on a poll??) ... Why are you leaving this
        group ? I
        > >wouldn't
        > >> be suprised if its people watching the public bickering and
        just
        > >getting
        > >> sick of it, because this forum has sure come out with some of
        the
        > >greatest
        > >> info about this sport.
        > >>
        > >> My only public post on the matter. Sorry to those who wasted
        the
        > >time to
        > >> read this.
        > >>

        > >> Have a good one all :)
        > >>
        > >> Cully
        > >

        > >This group is sponsored by KITEHIGH.COM
        > >Kiteboarding Lessons & 120 pages gear & info.
        > >Naish, Cabrinha, Airush, Wipika, Takoon, PL, LWD, Liquid
        > >Force, Earthboards, Pro Limits, NSI, and more ...
        > >Since '99 - http://www.KITEHIGH.COM

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Stefano P. Rosso
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 1, 2002
          > If it keeps up maybe we need to start another alternate group with explicit
          > rules that people get banned for any type of personal crap, or if they cross a
          > threshold in the COM department. There might even be a flat out rule that
          > those with business interests aren't welcome on that group.
          >
          > It would be a shame, but we are not here to read advertising or personal
          > insults.

          we can do that here... who wants to be in charge ?
        • flashboarder
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 1, 2002
            Stefano,
            please don't let them screw the forum more than it already is...
            stay in charge, you're fine, we don't want a police here.

            Guys, it's actually quite easy to set up your e-mail software in a
            way it will block all incoming messages from a specific e-mail
            address. Why don't you do that?

            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 1, 2002
              > Stefano,
              > please don't let them screw the forum more than it already is...
              > stay in charge, you're fine, we don't want a police here.
              >

              >>we can do that here... who wants to be in charge ?

              Actually - its quite easy ... everytime someone mentions the gruop
              should be moderated I just ask who wants to do it and noone comes up so
              we let things as they are...

              This is the only way to work a forum... (with the volume we get)
            • lowrider
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 1, 2002
                believe me, surfers and moderators is really not a good match. anyone
                should be just fine by ignoring crapp and posting messages that'll make us
                laugh, think or improve our skills. there's really nothing to it. ;-)

                stoked4life, rudy.g