Re: The Ongoing Slanging Match - NOT KITESURFING

  • ariraptis
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 1, 2002
      Whoa !! This Cully dude really has a problem!
      Not because he does not like some of the posts,but because he
      believes that half of everyone else feels like him!

      What a boring person !
      What a boring World he wants us all to live in!
      Because he doesn't like what some people say,he believes they should
      not say it !

      Hey,Cully,its quite easy to start a forum,the instructions are at the
      top of the page.Why don't you start your own little
      moderated,sanitary,censored forum? You could take all the other
      boring,self righteous anal retentives with you. You should be able to
      get plenty of members.About four,at least !

      Ari

      --- In kitesurf@y..., "Cully" <jcull@b...> wrote:
      > Heya everyone,
      >
      > I've sat back and listened to a heap of the great info that goes
      back and
      > forth on this list, and also the little (and not so little) knives,
      personal
      > attacks, etc.
      >
      > I don't know about you all, but I am sick of this crap. I have
      tried to
      > email some of the people privately, and I have talked it out with
      some of
      > them, but the general response is that, I will respond to anything
      I see
      > fit, in anyway I see fit. " to get the most mileage " was one of
      the phrases
      > used.
      >
      > I have nothing against the induhviduals involved, and I respect the
      fact
      > this is an unmoderated forum for several reasons. But I will ask
      once again,
      > for those who want to go on about personalities without having any
      kiting
      > substance to the email, please do so in private.
      >
      > Also, I was warned that " but please don't start acting like those
      you
      > accuse ". Perhaps I am doing exactly that, by making this public,
      but I have
      > tried to keep this private, but due to the more and more people
      jumping on
      > the band-wagon, something really does need to be done about it.
      >
      > I realise I have not followed my own rules by posting this, but
      perhaps
      > there is a solution. (Not that I think anyone will follow my lead,
      but Oh
      > for a world that makes sense.)
      >
      > We have 1800+ members in this forum. Even if half of you are sick
      to death
      > of this constant prattle about xxx is a dickhead, or yyy thinks
      this so he
      > is a wanker, then email the person involved privately and tell them
      so. I'm
      > sure some people will agree with them, for sticking up for what
      they believe
      > etc, but how anyone can accept that by throwing around insults, you
      are
      > doing your cause any good? (Ahhh Mileage again I guess)
      >
      > How many people, after receiving several hundred emails, will
      continue down
      > this path? I'm sure a few of the ego maniacs will be happy as they
      are
      > finally getting emails that are addressed to them, rather than list
      emails,
      > but be stuffed if I would want to go through all those emails to get
      > anything useful.
      >
      > Or do we just sit in silence and throw the odd (hahahah) cursory
      insult?

      > Rick, Don't spose in the exit txt file that gets sent out to people
      that
      > leave this group, that you could get them to answer a simple
      question (or
      > perhaps put it on a poll??) ... Why are you leaving this group ? I
      wouldn't
      > be suprised if its people watching the public bickering and just
      getting
      > sick of it, because this forum has sure come out with some of the
      greatest
      > info about this sport.
      >
      > My only public post on the matter. Sorry to those who wasted the
> [...]
    • Phil Jones
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2002
        --- In kitesurf@y..., "vide72au" <vide72au@y...> wrote:
        > I agree completely.

        So, why don't you start your own group and see how it goes? One of
        the ARC guys started an ARC group and it is outstanding. No flames,
        no hostility, all good fun and info. ( EXCEPT FOR A BRIEF VISIT BY A
        RETAILER DOWN UNDER! ) Some folks like the censorship you
        describe. Not me. Regardless how I disagree, i feel like everyone
        has the freedom of speech. I belong to 5 different groups. This is
        where you go to get flamed!
        Phil