Re: Grab Leash?

  • flkitesurfer
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2002
      It is a handle or loop that extends out of one leader line or the
      other in "slide through" Reride or Slingshot type bars. The theory
      is that you grab the handle, drop your bar and the kite depowers. In
      a perfect world, you can drop one hand from the bar and successfully
      grab it. Then there is reality and the things that make an emergency
      an "emergency." There have already been cases in which the grab
      leash couldn't be successfully "grabbed." Fixed leashes aren't
      perfect by any means but they are generally automatic and the most
      relable system out there for the time being.

      Rick Iossi

      --- In kitesurf@y..., "pocketpcsynth" <marizu@t...> wrote:
      > Is a grab leash/grab bar where you just have a standard wrist leash
      > but attach it to the kite control bar?
    • Jan Coffey
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2002
        Here we go again................