Re: [ksurf] Waist or Seat Harness - Which is better?

  • kujira99jp
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 2, 2002
      Hi all,
      Does using a seat harness, or at least a balanced hook position as
      described below, make life easier for your abdominal muscles? I went
      out the other day in the breeze kicked up by an oncoming typhoon, did
      a few lofty jumps and the suddenly had to limp back in after getting
      a ripping pain in my abbs. Must have pulled something. I use a
      Dakine waist harness (windsurfing thermoform type). Also my board is
      kinda heavy, does having a lighter board lessen the strain when
      jumping?
      Cheers, Jason

      --- In kitesurf@y..., "peter_frank_dk" <pf@4...> wrote:
      > I agree Callum - the seat harness (assuming that your hook is lower
      > on a seat than on a waist harness of course...) will give you a
      very
      > good balanced feeling, so when you rotate with your board overhead,
      > you don't need to use any "force" to keep it up there !
      >
      > All'n all a hook which is placed so you can hang quite balanced
      > (instead of hanging with you board down) will give you the best
      > freedom for doing "acrobatics".

    • janwcoffey
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 2, 2002
        Good point. A seat harness with now back support can be worse for
        your back than a waist harness, another downside is that a good seat
        harness looks like a great big diaper.