airblast line trouble????Chicken loop ??Mysterius round plastic????

  • kitesurf73
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2002
      The flying lines have a loop/knot in one end and a loop in the
      other...So I can make a larks head in one end...

      In the loop/knot end if i make a larks head it does look like it
      could fall off?? should the lines only be loops or loop whith knot???

      The plastic tube that hangs down the chicken loop is to long to fit
      in the harness Hook to lock it in....?????Why the lenght ???In th bag
      i found to mysterious round plastic things in a little plastic bag..
      The where attached to a rectungular thing that doesent make any sense
      at all......

      This is my 4 kite so im not a novice I just dont want to make a
      serious misstake of some kind that will show when im high as a kite
      in the air:)

      I never hade a wipika before so maby they think differnt then naish
      or cabrinha does.........

      Any replies to my problems will make me a happier fello .......

      Sorry about my bad English ANd.........
    • r a n d y K A T O
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2002
        i'm not sure about your flying lines. the ones that came with my
        airblasts (and other kites) have always had sewn loops on both ends.
        however i've seen people who have cut lines from bulk spools of q-power
        line that use loops made with knots and larksheads with those loops.
        they work fine, but i'm not sure what knots they're using to make the
        loops...probably a doubled up figure-8 or a doubled up overhand.
        there's an example in files/kitesurftech.com.

        i believe the long plastic tube you're talking about is the standard
        wipika chicken loop as seen on this page:

        http://www.wipikana.com/bars.htm

        if so, the loop goes on the harness hook and the straight piece goes
        into the open end of the hook to hold the chicken loop from slipping
        off the hook. hard to explain with words, but if you see it in action
        it'll make perfect sense. i can't find any photos online, but if you
        bought it from a local shop, go have them show you. i assume the
        airblasts don't come with a video any more?

        as for the mystery parts, i'd ask the dealer about those as well.

        good luck!

        On Sunday, Sep 1, 2002, at 15:41 US/Eastern, kitesurf73 wrote:

        > The flying lines have a loop/knot in one end and a loop in the
        > other...So I can make a larks head in one end...
        >
        > In the loop/knot end if i make a larks head it does look like it
        > could fall off?? should the lines only be loops or loop whith knot???
        >
        > The plastic tube that hangs down the chicken loop is to long to fit
        > in the harness Hook to lock it in....?????Why the lenght ???In th bag
        > i found to mysterious round plastic things in a little plastic bag..
        > The where attached to a rectungular thing that doesent make any sense
        > at all......
        >
        > This is my 4 kite so im not a novice I just dont want to make a
        > serious misstake of some kind that will show when im high as a kite
        > in the air:)
        >

        > I never hade a wipika before so maby they think differnt then naish
        > or cabrinha does.........
        >
        > Any replies to my problems will make me a happier fello .......
        >

        > Sorry about my bad English ANd.........
        >

        > This group is sponsored by KITEHIGH.COM
        > The original - http://www.KITEHIGH.COM
        > Kiteboarding Lessons & the USA's largest gear range
        > COMPLETE packages from $879 up
        > P: 1 866 646 7835 TOLL FREE
        > E: info@...

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        "Reason holds the helm, but passions are the gales." - J. Adams
      • jybecity
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 1, 2002
          The mysterious parts are called fairlead adapters. They are used so
          that you can use the new Wipika quick release system on any bar.
          They are basically shims for different diameter bars.

          Danny

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2002