28m2 X2

  • kiteboardingjapan
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 31, 2002
      When I got to the beach yesterday the wind was light and so I went
      out on my Toro 18 and 7'6" longboard. I could ride, but staying
      upwind was difficult in the sub 8 knot wind. My friend stacked a 16m2
      and 12m2 X2 and was fully powered up on a 133cm wakeboard. He is a
      really light guy, but it shows that stacking kites is the best light
      wind option. Considering that the power was considerably more than my
      Toro 18, which according to Ken Winner has the same power as the
      Rhino 22.5, I would guess that stacking the kites gives you close to
      the combined surface area. God knows what power the 20m2 and 16m2
      would have! Bye-the-way, he was jumping and riding out of transitions
      too.

      Nick