Re: [ksurf] Psycho / F-arc / Guerilla

  • lowrider
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 30, 2002
      a question 2 the foil experts..

      how about that PL guerilla.. it says to have "the biggest wind range of
      any kite.." how does that compare to the psycho or the 1600 f-arc, which
      already has 7.5 har and a range from 8-25kts, depending on rider's skill
      according to the june/july dutch kitesurfmagazine. this already
      impressed me though it doesn't say something about the steering part.

      ..it would be just great to have a second kite that has the widest wind
      range plus go snowboardkiting, kiteboard (on surface that is - we don't
      have any mountains), kiteskate (on ice), kitesurf on water. guess i just
      want to much..

      stoked4life, rudy.g

      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 1, 2002
        --- In kitesurf@y..., "lowrider" <rudy.g@1...> wrote:

        > a question 2 the foil experts..

        I try not to call ARCs "foils", since they're so different.

        > how about that PL guerilla.. it says to have "the biggest wind
        range of
        > any kite.." how does that compare to the psycho or the 1600 f-arc,
        which
        > already has 7.5 har and a range from 8-25kts, depending on rider's
        skill
        > according to the june/july dutch kitesurfmagazine...

        The latest reports (on the arcusers Yahoogroup) say the Guerilla has
        about the same total range as the F-ARC.

        > ..it would be just great to have a second kite that has the widest
        wind
        > range plus go snowboardkiting, kiteboard (on surface that is - we
        don't
        > have any mountains), kiteskate (on ice), kitesurf on water. guess i
        just
        > want to much..

        I don't think you're asking too much. I'd say the F or Guerilla
        could be just what you're looking for. The Guerilla is reportedly
        much better at waterlaunching than the F.

        Mel