New B+J Spin Friendly Bar

  • Rick Iossi
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 21, 2002
      Bump and Jump has prepared a new spin friendly leashed bar system. It is
      good that all the new energy and focus has been devoted to these new
      systems. Hopefully lots of riders are starting to try these leashed bars
      out. For more information checkout:

      http://bumpandjump.com/news/detail.php?language=english&sport=kitesurf&ref=45

    • kiteboard2000
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 27, 2002
        Nice. Easy to set up yourself too. Just use a thin leash line (Q-
        Power?) & feed it through the bar's hole or fairlead.

        Mel

        --- In kitesurf@y..., "Rick Iossi" <flkitesurfer@h...> wrote:
        > Bump and Jump has prepared a new spin friendly leashed bar system.
        It is
        > good that all the new energy and focus has been devoted to these
        new
        > systems. Hopefully lots of riders are starting to try these
        leashed bars
        > out. For more information checkout:
        >
        > http://bumpandjump.com/news/detail.php?
        language=english&sport=kitesurf&ref=45
      • tswierkocki
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 1, 2002
          It is a bit difficult to see how the leash is rigged on the B&J site.
          Can you guys provide some details?

          -Tom

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 1, 2002
            --- In kitesurf@y..., "tswierkocki" <tswierkocki@y...> wrote:

            > It is a bit difficult to see how the leash is rigged on the B&J
            site.

            I thought so too. The photo makes it look much more complex, due to
            the shadows.

            > Can you guys provide some details?

            On close inspection it became apparent that it's simply a sliding bar
            system on one front line, with a thin leash line running to the
            harness through the same hole in the bar as the "chicken" loop.

            One of our ex-instructors has been using a system like this for quite
            a while, using 600 pound Q-Power line for the leash. I think he even
            used it with a "plain" long leash line running a half-span up one
            rear line.

            Mel
          • tswierkocki
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 2, 2002
              Thanks Mel,

              What I am wondering is how the trim strap works with the sliding
              leash. I've thought a bit about this type of leash before but
              couldn't come up with anything that allowed me to adjust both
              front lines with a single clamcleat and still allow the bar to slide
              a full span up the front line. I remember seeing a couple of
              earlier posts on a similar system with the trim adjustments on
              the rear lines. This would work but I like quick on the fly
              adjustment.

              -Tom

              --- In kitesurf@y..., "kiteboard2000" <kiteboarder@p...> wrote:
              > --- In kitesurf@y..., "tswierkocki" <tswierkocki@y...> wrote:
              >
              > > It is a bit difficult to see how the leash is rigged on the B&J
              > site.
              >
              > I thought so too. The photo makes it look much more complex,
              due to
              > the shadows.
              >
              > > Can you guys provide some details?
              >
              > On close inspection it became apparent that it's simply a
              sliding bar
              > system on one front line, with a thin leash line running to the
              > harness through the same hole in the bar as the "chicken"
              loop.

              > One of our ex-instructors has been using a system like this for
              quite
              > a while, using 600 pound Q-Power line for the leash. I think he
              even
              > used it with a "plain" long leash line running a half-span up
              one
              > rear line.
              >
              > Mel
            • kiteboardingjapan