Re: Kiteboarding on Lake Superior??

  • hink_trent
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
      Don't be so sure. The water temp can vary quite a bit depending on
      the wind direction. The warm and cool water layers tend to stay
      seperated in the Great Lakes and there is very little friction
      between the layers so the wind blows all the warm water to the lee
      side of the lake. I have not been to Bayfield but I go to Munising,
      MI (UP) every August (next week) and the water temp. there can vary
      between refreshingly cool on a north wind and icy cold steamer or
      drysuit conditions on a south wind.

      I suspect Bayfield is similar with the water being pretty warm on a
      NE wind and very cold on a SW.