Chicago Kitesurfing?

  • mitchardian
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
      Hello,
      I'm new to the sport and am looking for a good place with steady
      winds to kitesurf. Where are the good spots on Lake Michigan? I'm
      south of Chicago so places in Indiana or southern Michigan are better
      for me. Thanks
    • hink_trent
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
        I live in Milwaukee but a couple of weeks ago I met up with these
        guys in Racine, WI. which has a very nice beach. We frequently
        discuss sailing locations on the group. A place called Montrose seems
        to be mentioned a lot but I get the impression that it is not the
        best place to learn. When we were in Racine it was on a very hot
        Sunday and the beach was pretty crowded but the guys said it was
        nothing compared to montrose even on a weekday. It sounds like
        Southern MI has some very nice beaches not more than 1-1/2 hours from
        Chicago but I forget the names.

        --- In kitesurf@y..., "mitchardian" <mitchardian@y...> wrote:
        > Hello,
        > I'm new to the sport and am looking for a good place with steady
        > winds to kitesurf. Where are the good spots on Lake Michigan? I'm
        > south of Chicago so places in Indiana or southern Michigan are
        better
        > for me. Thanks
      • vytaspass
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
          Check...

          chicagokitesurfing.com for "where to ride" on info concerning beaches
          and directions!

          Any comments appreciated

          www.chicagokitesurfing.com
          vytas@...