Re: [ksurf] Naish Pump for the 18 and 20 m2 only come with a small nozzle

  • Suntrax
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2002
      Wouldn't make any difference to how fast you inflate the kite anyway as the
      pump will still pump the same volume of air. Maybe a bigger nozzle would
      make it a little easier due to less restriction, but not faster..

      Brian Wilson
      Suntrax
      Tel/fax 27 21 5560044
      cell; 0824656696
      www.suntrax.co.za
      suntrax@...

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2002
        Thanks Don for your fast reply.
        But I went out yesterday and because I only had the pump with the
        small nozzle a guy with a wipika lent me his pump.
        It works fine.
        First you pump the kite until its almost inflated using the big
        nozzle then you change to the small to give it the final pressure.

        Skjold

        --- In kitesurf@y..., "don montague" <donm@m...> wrote:
        > Hi Skjold
        >
        > This is correct there is only a small nozzle on the pump because
        the large
        > valve is only used when letting the air out of the leading edge,
        You could
        > use this valve to inflate but you will loose alot of airpressure
        when you
        > try and close it.
        >
        > Aloha don
        >
        > don montague
        > naish sails hawaii
        >

        > Subject: [ksurf] Naish Pump for the 18 and 20 m2 only come with a
        small
        > nozzle
        >

        > I bought a X2 18m2 yesterday. I received a Naish Big Pump with a
        > small nozzle. The dealer claims that the naish pump only comes with
        > small nozzle.
        >
        > Is this true???
        >
        > Then why is there a big inlet in the kite??? Surely it can't be for
        > only deflating the kite?
        >
        > I'm quite certain that the same dealer has shown me a Naish pump
        with
        > two interchangeable nozzles a couple of weeks ago when
        demonstrrating
        > me the X2 18 m2!!!!!
        >
        > Please help me out here.
        >

        > Skjold Mortensen
        >
        > Denmark

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • Dwight & Jacky
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2002
          It pumps up a lot faster. I have a friend who does exactly that all the time
          with his ARX. It removes all resistance on the pump. He strokes the pump
          real fast with no effort, then switches to the small nozzle to get it hard.
          He loves doing it that way. I don't see him getting tired pumping.

          On my North kite I still use two pumps mounted as one, and use both nozzles
          to pump my big kites. It kicks ass. I never get tired pumping the 16 or 22
          meter. I highly recommend it.
          http://www.angelfire.com/nc/capefearwindsurfing/kitesurfing15.html

          Dwight