RE: [ksurf] Naish Pump for the 18 and 20 m2 only come with a small nozzle

  • don montague
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2002
      Hi Skjold

      This is correct there is only a small nozzle on the pump because the large
      valve is only used when letting the air out of the leading edge, You could
      use this valve to inflate but you will loose alot of airpressure when you
      try and close it.

      Aloha don

      don montague
      naish sails hawaii

      Subject: [ksurf] Naish Pump for the 18 and 20 m2 only come with a small
      nozzle

      I bought a X2 18m2 yesterday. I received a Naish Big Pump with a
      small nozzle. The dealer claims that the naish pump only comes with a
      small nozzle.

      Is this true???

      Then why is there a big inlet in the kite??? Surely it can't be for
      only deflating the kite?

      I'm quite certain that the same dealer has shown me a Naish pump with
      two interchangeable nozzles a couple of weeks ago when demonstrrating
      me the X2 18 m2!!!!!

      Please help me out here.

      Skjold Mortensen

      Denmark

    • Suntrax
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2002
        Wouldn't make any difference to how fast you inflate the kite anyway as the
        pump will still pump the same volume of air. Maybe a bigger nozzle would
        make it a little easier due to less restriction, but not faster..

        Brian Wilson
        Suntrax
        Tel/fax 27 21 5560044
        cell; 0824656696
        www.suntrax.co.za
        suntrax@...

        > This is correct there is only a small nozzle on the pump because the
        large
        > valve is only used when letting the air out of the leading edge, You could
        > use this valve to inflate but you will loose alot of airpressure when you
        > try and close it.
        >
        > Aloha don
        >
        > don montague
        > naish sails hawaii
        >

        > Subject: [ksurf] Naish Pump for the 18 and 20 m2 only come with a small
        > nozzle
        >

        > I bought a X2 18m2 yesterday. I received a Naish Big Pump with a
        > small nozzle. The dealer claims that the naish pump only comes with a
        > small nozzle.
        >
        > Is this true???
        >
        > Then why is there a big inlet in the kite??? Surely it can't be for
        > only deflating the kite?
        >
        > I'm quite certain that the same dealer has shown me a Naish pump with
        > two interchangeable nozzles a couple of weeks ago when demonstrrating
        > me the X2 18 m2!!!!!
        >
        > Please help me out here.
        >

        > Skjold Mortensen
        >
        > Denmark

      • skjoldmortensen
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2002
          Thanks Don for your fast reply.
          But I went out yesterday and because I only had the pump with the
          small nozzle a guy with a wipika lent me his pump.
          It works fine.
          First you pump the kite until its almost inflated using the big
          nozzle then you change to the small to give it the final pressure.

          Skjold

          --- In kitesurf@y..., "don montague" <donm@m...> wrote:
          > Hi Skjold
          >
          > This is correct there is only a small nozzle on the pump because
          the large
          > valve is only used when letting the air out of the leading edge,
          You could
          > use this valve to inflate but you will loose alot of airpressure
          when you
          > try and close it.
          >
          > Aloha don
          >
          > don montague
          > naish sails hawaii
          >

          > Subject: [ksurf] Naish Pump for the 18 and 20 m2 only come with a
          small
          > nozzle
          >

          > I bought a X2 18m2 yesterday. I received a Naish Big Pump with a
          > small nozzle. The dealer claims that the naish pump only comes with
          > small nozzle.
          >
          > Is this true???
          >
          > Then why is there a big inlet in the kite??? Surely it can't be for
          > only deflating the kite?
          >
          > I'm quite certain that the same dealer has shown me a Naish pump
          with
          > two interchangeable nozzles a couple of weeks ago when
          demonstrrating
          > me the X2 18 m2!!!!!
          >
          > Please help me out here.
          >

          > Skjold Mortensen
          >
          > Denmark

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
        • Dwight & Jacky
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2002
            It pumps up a lot faster. I have a friend who does exactly that all the time
            with his ARX. It removes all resistance on the pump. He strokes the pump
            real fast with no effort, then switches to the small nozzle to get it hard.
            He loves doing it that way. I don't see him getting tired pumping.

            On my North kite I still use two pumps mounted as one, and use both nozzles
            to pump my big kites. It kicks ass. I never get tired pumping the 16 or 22
            meter. I highly recommend it.
            http://www.angelfire.com/nc/capefearwindsurfing/kitesurfing15.html

            Dwight