Naish Pump for the 18 and 20 m2 only come with a small nozzle

  • skjoldmortensen
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2002
      I bought a X2 18m2 yesterday. I received a Naish Big Pump with a
      small nozzle. The dealer claims that the naish pump only comes with a
      small nozzle.

      Is this true???

      Then why is there a big inlet in the kite??? Surely it can't be for
      only deflating the kite?

      I'm quite certain that the same dealer has shown me a Naish pump with
      two interchangeable nozzles a couple of weeks ago when demonstrrating
      me the X2 18 m2!!!!!

      Please help me out here.

      Skjold Mortensen

      Denmark
    • don montague
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 1, 2002
        Hi Skjold

        This is correct there is only a small nozzle on the pump because the large
        valve is only used when letting the air out of the leading edge, You could
        use this valve to inflate but you will loose alot of airpressure when you
        try and close it.

        Aloha don

        don montague
        naish sails hawaii

        Subject: [ksurf] Naish Pump for the 18 and 20 m2 only come with a small
        nozzle

        I bought a X2 18m2 yesterday. I received a Naish Big Pump with a
        small nozzle. The dealer claims that the naish pump only comes with a
        small nozzle.

        Is this true???

        Then why is there a big inlet in the kite??? Surely it can't be for
        only deflating the kite?

        I'm quite certain that the same dealer has shown me a Naish pump with
        two interchangeable nozzles a couple of weeks ago when demonstrrating
        me the X2 18 m2!!!!!

        Please help me out here.

        Skjold Mortensen

        Denmark

      • Suntrax
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 1, 2002
          Wouldn't make any difference to how fast you inflate the kite anyway as the
          pump will still pump the same volume of air. Maybe a bigger nozzle would
          make it a little easier due to less restriction, but not faster..

          Brian Wilson
          Suntrax
          Tel/fax 27 21 5560044
          cell; 0824656696
          www.suntrax.co.za
          suntrax@...

          > This is correct there is only a small nozzle on the pump because the
          large
          > valve is only used when letting the air out of the leading edge, You could
          > use this valve to inflate but you will loose alot of airpressure when you
          > try and close it.
          >
          > Aloha don
          >
          > don montague
          > naish sails hawaii
          >

          > Subject: [ksurf] Naish Pump for the 18 and 20 m2 only come with a small
          > nozzle
          >

          > I bought a X2 18m2 yesterday. I received a Naish Big Pump with a
          > small nozzle. The dealer claims that the naish pump only comes with a
          > small nozzle.
          >
          > Is this true???
          >
          > Then why is there a big inlet in the kite??? Surely it can't be for
          > only deflating the kite?
          >
          > I'm quite certain that the same dealer has shown me a Naish pump with
          > two interchangeable nozzles a couple of weeks ago when demonstrrating
          > me the X2 18 m2!!!!!
          >
          > Please help me out here.
          >

          > Skjold Mortensen
          >
          > Denmark

        • skjoldmortensen
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 1, 2002
            Thanks Don for your fast reply.
            But I went out yesterday and because I only had the pump with the
            small nozzle a guy with a wipika lent me his pump.
            It works fine.
            First you pump the kite until its almost inflated using the big
            nozzle then you change to the small to give it the final pressure.

            Skjold

            --- In kitesurf@y..., "don montague" <donm@m...> wrote:
            > Hi Skjold
            >
            > This is correct there is only a small nozzle on the pump because
            the large
            > valve is only used when letting the air out of the leading edge,
            You could
            > use this valve to inflate but you will loose alot of airpressure
            when you
            > try and close it.
            >
            > Aloha don
            >
            > don montague
            > naish sails hawaii
            >

            > Subject: [ksurf] Naish Pump for the 18 and 20 m2 only come with a
            small
            > nozzle
            >

            > I bought a X2 18m2 yesterday. I received a Naish Big Pump with a
            > small nozzle. The dealer claims that the naish pump only comes with
            > small nozzle.
            >
            > Is this true???
            >
            > Then why is there a big inlet in the kite??? Surely it can't be for
            > only deflating the kite?
            >
            > I'm quite certain that the same dealer has shown me a Naish pump
            with
            > two interchangeable nozzles a couple of weeks ago when
            demonstrrating
            > me the X2 18 m2!!!!!
            >
            > Please help me out here.
            >

            > Skjold Mortensen
            >
            > Denmark

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • Dwight & Jacky
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 1, 2002
              It pumps up a lot faster. I have a friend who does exactly that all the time
              with his ARX. It removes all resistance on the pump. He strokes the pump
              real fast with no effort, then switches to the small nozzle to get it hard.
              He loves doing it that way. I don't see him getting tired pumping.

              On my North kite I still use two pumps mounted as one, and use both nozzles
              to pump my big kites. It kicks ass. I never get tired pumping the 16 or 22
              meter. I highly recommend it.
              http://www.angelfire.com/nc/capefearwindsurfing/kitesurfing15.html

              Dwight