Re: Legally Kiteboarding?

  • flkitesurfer
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 31, 2002
      Hello Chris,

      You are welcome but the thanks go to Brett. We need to mindful about
      these issues while kiteboarding.

      the subject of homeowners policies and kiteboarding. I would check
      with your agent to make sure that it will cover things however.

      Rick Iossi

      <snip>

      That is correct, I am an insurance agent and an avid Kiteboarder.
      If you have a Homeowners policy and or renters policy, your Liability
      protection should follow you anywhere in the world, as long it is not
      an intentional act. No policy or limits in the world is better than a
      cool head in crowded conditions. Be smart, Ride Hard, Kite Safe.

      Ken

      In kitesurf@y..., "cfglazier" <cglazier@c...> wrote:
      > Rick
      > Thanks for the posting on liability.
      >
      > I seem to recall that my homeowners insurance and its liablity
      > coverage should cover me in normal situations while kiting. Does
      > anyone know if this is true? I am in Canada which I believe has
      > similar liabiltiy laws to the US.
      >
      > Chris G
      >

      > --- In kitesurf@y..., "Rick Iossi" <flkitesurfer@h...> wrote:
      > > Brett Gibson is both an attorney and active kiteboarder. He has
      > organized
      > > the Mid-Atlantic Kiteboarding Association or M-A-K-A.
      M-A-K-