[ksurf] 4-lines control bar

  • Hung Vu
    Message 1 of 7 , Oct 15, 1998
      Does anybody have a good idea for a 4-lines control bar. I want to be
      fully in control of the 4-lines kite (for example: be able to depower in
      gust to extend the wind range of the kite).

      I don't want to tie the 2 front lines to the harness and tie the 2 back
      lines to a simple 2-lines control bar.

      Using 2 standard 4-lines handles (with a harness line attaching to both
      handles) is OK; however, I perfer some control bar system that allow
      control of the 4-lines kite with 1 hand (as does the 2-lines control
      bar)

      Any idea?

      Hung.
      Message 2 of 7 , Oct 16, 1998
        Does anybody have a good idea for a 4-lines control bar. I want to be
        fully in control of the 4-lines kite (for example: be able to depower in
        gust to extend the wind range of the kite).
        I don't want to tie the 2 front lines to the harness and tie the 2 back
        lines to a simple 2-lines control bar.
        Using 2 standard 4-lines handles (with a harness line attaching to both
        handles) is OK; however, I perfer some control bar system that allow
        control of the 4-lines kite with 1 hand (as does the 2-lines control
        bar)
        Any idea?

        Check out the wipika page where the contest pictures are.... there is a
        picture of the boom they are designing ! it is shaped like a upside down U.

        Peter Lynn is working on something similar for his Cquad kites. but i
        havent seen it yet.

      • Pierce Nichols
        Message 3 of 7 , Oct 16, 1998
          On Thu, 15 Oct 1998, Hung Vu wrote:

          > Using 2 standard 4-lines handles (with a harness line attaching to both
          > handles) is OK; however, I perfer some control bar system that allow
          > control of the 4-lines kite with 1 hand (as does the 2-lines control
          > bar)

          A recent Kite Passion (Aug/Sept, IIRC) has a cover story on kite
          surfing and has some pictures of a 4-line control setup that might be the
          ticket.

          -p

          "There are four boxes that are used in the defense of liberty.
          Soap, Ballot, Jury, and Ammo. Use in that order."

          -Anon

        • Cory Roeseler
          Message 4 of 7 , Oct 16, 1998
            Last weekend I rigged one of my new bars for 4 lines, but haven't had the
            guts to test it yet. Perhaps tomorrow. I'll keep you informed.

            Cory

            >Does anybody have a good idea for a 4-lines control bar. I want to be
            >fully in control of the 4-lines kite (for example: be able to depower in
            >gust to extend the wind range of the kite).
            >
            >I don't want to tie the 2 front lines to the harness and tie the 2 back
            >lines to a simple 2-lines control bar.
            >
            >Using 2 standard 4-lines handles (with a harness line attaching to both
            >handles) is OK; however, I perfer some control bar system that allow
            >control of the 4-lines kite with 1 hand (as does the 2-lines control
            >bar)
            >
            >Any idea?
            >
            >Hung.
            >2X 2X 2X DOUBLE REWARDS POINTS! 2X 2X 2X
            >Open a new NextCard Internet Visa account with a
            >qualifying balance transfer and you'll earn DOUBLE
            >Rewards points. Earn free airline tickets in half the
            >time! Intro rates as low as 2.9% APR and NO annual fee!
            >Apply Online NOW!
            >http://ads.egroups.com/click/64/0/nextcard
            >

            >Subscribe, unsubscribe, opt for a daily digest, or start a new e-group
            >at http://www.eGroups.com -- Free Web-based e-mail groups.

          • Dave Culp
            Message 5 of 7 , Oct 17, 1998
              From rec.kites newsgroup:

              >There is a new kitesailing HP from the one and only in Europe:
              >
              >http://www.kitesailing.ch
              >
              >Sorry only in German Language yet.
              >
              >Volker Wenk

              Though this site seems mostly snow skiing, check out the page of
              thumbnail photos: http://www.kitesailing.ch/bilder/ksurf1.htm All in
              water, great air, great photos. Kites seem to be Quadrifoils; maybe some
              Jo-Jo's.

              Translate from German to English, French, etc at Alta Vista's Babelfish
              translator: http://babelfish.altavista.digital.com/ FWIW, babelfish
              doesn't translate framed sites (like the above). Go ahead and try,
              Babelfish will give you instructions for breaking the site out of frames
              and translating it. If you haven't used this gadget--do so. It is as
              nearly idiot-proof as there is...

              --
              Dave Culp Speedsailing dave@... http://www.dcss.org/speedsl
              Kite powered boats, high speed sailing, proas and more. Check it out!

            • Luka Baranovic
              Message 6 of 7 , Oct 17, 1998
                I added 3 new pictures never published before...

                http://fly.cc.fer.hr/~lukica

                picture gallery

                Bye!

                Luka

                2X 2X 2X DOUBLE REWARDS POINTS! 2X 2X 2X
                Open a new NextCard Internet Visa account with a
                qualifying balance transfer and you'll earn DOUBLE
                Rewards points. Earn free airline tickets in half the
                time! Intro rates as low as 2.9% APR and NO annual fee!
                Apply Online NOW!
                http://ads.egroups.com/click/64/0/nextcard

              • Martin Rothwell
                Message 7 of 7 , Oct 27, 1998
                  srosso@... wrote:

                  > Does anybody have a good idea for a 4-lines control bar.
                  > Any idea?

                  Not too sure how to go about it. But there was an article in last months Kite
                  Passion about some chap in France and I am sure he was using four lines on what
                  appeared to be something like a pair of handle bars. It was one bar (not two
                  handles) but had four lines attached. If don't get Kite Passion over there let
                  me know and I will read the article again and relay it to you.

                  Best wishes

                  Martin