bay area sites

  • Rainer Leuschke
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
      Hi,
      I'm in the bay area over the 4th of July weekend. Which would be the
      best spots to check out? I'm there for a wedding thingy and might be
      able to break away one or two of the days. Where's the wind most
      reliable and launching non threatening (i.e. not Crissy)?
      Later,
      R!
    • Robin Zwissler
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
        Rainer, check out 3rd Avenue in San Mateo.
        Bad thing: shells at the small launch beach can damage
        your tubes (as far as I know you are on Boom vectors, right?).
        Usually good winds and flat water.

        If you like wavey spots go to Waddell Creek
        30 minutes north of Santa Cruz! Huge waves! Cold Pacific water!
        My favourite! I miss it soooo much! Had a blast every time
        I went there. But not the easiest place to kite.

        btw, does anyone have a job in the Silicon Valley when I'll
        finish my studies beginning early next year? I need to
        get back! I fell in love with the SF bay area...

        One further tip: If you like naked women, go to Ofarrel's
        Theatre in SF and enjoy the time of your life :)
        My girl-friend loved it, too.

        Enjoy!
        Robin
        www.kite-surf.com - the kiteboard news leader

        http://www.KiteHigh.com

        1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA 808 637 0025 Email:support@...

        Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • theflyingtinman
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
          Yes,

          Third Ave is the best place to go for most reliable wind.
          Alameda (near Oakland) is a much nicer beach, but crowded with kiters
          and non-kiters and the wind is not quite as reliable this late in the
          year. The iWindsurf.com forecasts for both these sites are
          pretty good.

          If the small beach launch at 3rd (the one you can see from the
          parking lot) is too crowded, which is likely during a holiday
          weekend, you can walk around the golf driving range to a huge mud-
          flat launch area west of the windsurfer launch.

          Steve T.

          --- In kitesurf@y..., "Robin Zwissler" <robin@k...> wrote:
          > Rainer, check out 3rd Avenue in San Mateo.
          > Bad thing: shells at the small launch beach can damage
          > your tubes (as far as I know you are on Boom vectors, right?).
          > Usually good winds and flat water.
          >
          > If you like wavey spots go to Waddell Creek
          > 30 minutes north of Santa Cruz! Huge waves! Cold Pacific water!
          > My favourite! I miss it soooo much! Had a blast every time
          > I went there. But not the easiest place to kite.
          >
          > btw, does anyone have a job in the Silicon Valley when I'll
          > finish my studies beginning early next year? I need to
          > get back! I fell in love with the SF bay area...
          >
          > One further tip: If you like naked women, go to Ofarrel's
          > Theatre in SF and enjoy the time of your life :)
          > My girl-friend loved it, too.
          >
          > Enjoy!
          > Robin
          > www.kite-surf.com - the kiteboard news leader

        • janwcoffey
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
            --- In kitesurf@y..., "Robin Zwissler" <robin@k...> wrote:
            > Rainer, check out 3rd Avenue in San Mateo.

            Actualy it's Foster City.

            > Bad thing: shells at the small launch beach can damage
            > your tubes

            And toes.

            >(as far as I know you are on Boom vectors, right?).
            > Usually good winds and flat water.

            That depends on what you mean by "flat". it's actualy quite chopy.

            > If you like wavey spots go to Waddell Creek
            > 30 minutes north of Santa Cruz! Huge waves!

            Once again, it depends on what you mean by "huge". They are actualy
            large medium sized waves.

            If you want "huge" try half moon bay.