[ksurf] Re: Knowing our limits

  • flkitesurfer
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 1, 2002
      Hello Mark,

      If you checkout the KSI you will find that the majority of fatalities
      and more specacular accidents have happened to very experienced
      riders. So add normal overconfidence that comes with experience to
      the expanded wind range of four line inflatables, toss in some gusts
      and you have the ready makings of some serious accidents.

      I followed the trend you outlined, almost rubbed myself out and now
      try to kiteboard more responsibly. Others have done the same and
      have removed their option to change how they kiteoboard. My advice to
      kiteboarders in general is to use their good sense, the negative
      examples of others including myself and stay out of the "school of
      hard knocks." Like roach motels, you can go in, but you may not make
      it out.

      Rick Iossi