Re: Kiting banned in NC as of Jan 1st.

  • dixon76710
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
      --- In kitesurf@y..., "Dwight & Jacky" <fishersfort@c...> wrote:
      > I got this note from a windsurfer today. It's not a joke.

      > According to my contacts, Army Corp of Engineers is actively
      studying
      > the issue.
      Dwight.

      Uh oh!
      Previously unconcerned inlander
      MARK
    • Kitepower
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1, 2002
        G'day Dwight

        Can you tell us anymore, like why is it banned? Is there any chance that the
        decision can be reversed?
        Steve McCormack
        Secretary
        Australian Kite Surfing Association
        http://www.aksa.com.au
        info@...

        Message: 17
        Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 10:00:42 -0400
        From: "Dwight & Jacky" <fishersfort@...>
        Subject: Kiting banned in NC as of Jan 1st.

        I got this note from a windsurfer today. It's not a joke.

        If you haven't already heard, kitesurfing has been banned as of Jan.
        1 at all inland lakes controlled by the division of State Parks and/or
        the Wildlife Resources Commission. This includes Jordan, Falls, Norman,
        Phelps, Badin, High Rock, Waccamaw, etc. The first ticket was written at
        Jordan Lake in April. There is growing concern about possible fallout
        from this onto some coastal sites like Bogue Sound, and even the Basin.
        (Hatteras too?)