Re: [ksurf] Naish 2001 R3 Mylar Delaminating ? Advice Please

  • Dwight & Jacky
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2002
      All the kites I saw delaminate last year were taken back by Naish. I've
      never seen it get bad because the kites were always sent back when they
      started to delaminate.

      Dwight

      | Hi Dwight,
      |
      | do you have first hand experience of this problem ? I heared that
      | naish would not take them back. is that true ?
      |
      | how bad can it get ?
      |
      | Cheers.
      |
      | ron.
      |
      | --- In kitesurf@y..., "Dwight & Jacky" <fishersfort@c...> wrote:
      | > If it does delaminate, the kite is still good. It will usually
      | delaminate in
      | > small spots. It will hurt the resale value, but the kite will work
      | fine.
      | > Mylar is there to help stop material stretch, thereby prolonging
      | the good
      | > flying life of the kite.
      | >
      | > Dwight
      | >

      | > | Hi all,
      | > |
      | > | Wonder if someone knows about this.
      | > | I got a Naish R3 bought privatly and I hear stories that these
      | wings
      | > | arfe no good as the mylar delaminates and renders the wing useless
      | > | after some months.
      | > |
      | > | Is it true ? is there anything one can do ?
      | > |
      | > | Cheers.
      | > |
      | > | r.
      | > |
      | > |
      | > | This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com
      | > | The Original - Complete new packages from only $879!! FREE USA
      | mainland
      | > shipping.
      | > |
      | > | http://www.KiteHigh.com
      | > |
      | > | 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA 808 637 0025
      | > | Email:support@k...
      | > |
      | > | to unsubscribe send a message to kitesurf-unsubscribe@e...
      | > |
      | > | Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      | http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      | > |
      | > |
      | > |

      | This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com
      | The Original - Complete new packages from only $879!! FREE USA mainland
      shipping.

      | http://www.KiteHigh.com
      |
      | 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA 808 637 0025
      | Email:support@...

    • arc460
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1, 2002
        In that case, If i bought one and it does end up being one of these
        do you think they'd take it back ?

        even if I got it privatly ?

        Thanks.

      • echild@csc.com.au
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1, 2002
          Ron,
          I too had a R3 but mine was a 2000 model. Mine delaminated in 6
          months. In the end the leading edge bladder exploded on a spot where the
          top sheet had delaminated. After the kite poped I returned to place of
          purchase. Naish inspected the kite in sydney and were not prepared to
          replace or fix. I became the worst customer they ever got. I thretened
          legal action as I had looked after my kite and not really crashed it all
          that much. In Australia also there is a law that protects consumers for a
          period of 12 months on faulty good no matter what they tell you is the
          warranty. I pushed the point and got a Brand new kite. New kite was
          slightly different 2001 model. (Valve velcro's sewed to the kite, Material
          seems a little different but could still be the same material as the 2000
          models) Return your kite as soon a possible and get it replaced as it will
          explode its just a question of time. When my kite poped It was not
          overinflated or crashed it just poped as the top sheet was gone the
          material just stretched and riped. Sine I had my kite replaced I sold all
          my inflatable kites and bought all FLYSURFER Foil Kites. These are awsome.
          And you never have to worry about delamination as the whole kite is made of
          the same material. Plus you dont have to pump it up. Email me if you want
          more info.

          Evan Child
          Email : echild@...

          | | "arc460" |