Re: [ksurf] Naish 2001 R3 Mylar Delaminating ? Advice Please

  • Dwight & Jacky
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1 5:29 AM
      If it does delaminate, the kite is still good. It will usually delaminate in
      small spots. It will hurt the resale value, but the kite will work fine.
      Mylar is there to help stop material stretch, thereby prolonging the good
      flying life of the kite.

      Dwight

      | Hi all,
      |
      | Wonder if someone knows about this.
      | I got a Naish R3 bought privatly and I hear stories that these wings
      | arfe no good as the mylar delaminates and renders the wing useless
      | after some months.
      |
      | Is it true ? is there anything one can do ?
      |
      | Cheers.
      |
      | r.
      |

      | This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com
      | The Original - Complete new packages from only $879!! FREE USA mainland
      shipping.

      | http://www.KiteHigh.com
      |
      | 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA 808 637 0025
      | Email:support@...

    • arc460
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 1 5:49 AM
        Hi Dwight,

        do you have first hand experience of this problem ? I heared that
        naish would not take them back. is that true ?

        how bad can it get ?

        Cheers.

        ron.

        --- In kitesurf@y..., "Dwight & Jacky" <fishersfort@c...> wrote:
        > If it does delaminate, the kite is still good. It will usually
        delaminate in
        > small spots. It will hurt the resale value, but the kite will work
        fine.
        > Mylar is there to help stop material stretch, thereby prolonging
        the good
        > flying life of the kite.
        >
        > Dwight
        >

        > | Hi all,
        > |
        > | Wonder if someone knows about this.
        > | I got a Naish R3 bought privatly and I hear stories that these
        wings
        > | arfe no good as the mylar delaminates and renders the wing useless
        > | after some months.
        > |
        > | Is it true ? is there anything one can do ?
        > |
        > | Cheers.
        > |
        > | r.
        > |

        > | This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com
        > | The Original - Complete new packages from only $879!! FREE USA
        mainland
        > shipping.
        > |
        > | http://www.KiteHigh.com
        > |
        > | 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA 808 637 0025
        > | Email:support@k...

        > | Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Dwight & Jacky
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 1 6:57 AM
          All the kites I saw delaminate last year were taken back by Naish. I've
          never seen it get bad because the kites were always sent back when they
          started to delaminate.

          Dwight

          | Hi Dwight,
          |
          | do you have first hand experience of this problem ? I heared that
          | naish would not take them back. is that true ?
          |
          | how bad can it get ?
          |
          | Cheers.
          |
          | ron.
          |
          | --- In kitesurf@y..., "Dwight & Jacky" <fishersfort@c...> wrote:
          | > If it does delaminate, the kite is still good. It will usually
          | delaminate in
          | > small spots. It will hurt the resale value, but the kite will work
          | fine.
          | > Mylar is there to help stop material stretch, thereby prolonging
          | the good
          | > flying life of the kite.
          | >
          | > Dwight
          | >

          | > | Hi all,
          | > |
          | > | Wonder if someone knows about this.
          | > | I got a Naish R3 bought privatly and I hear stories that these
          | wings
          | > | arfe no good as the mylar delaminates and renders the wing useless
          | > | after some months.
          | > |
          | > | Is it true ? is there anything one can do ?
          | > |
          | > | Cheers.
          | > |
          | > | r.
          | > |
          | > |
          | > | This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com
          | > | The Original - Complete new packages from only $879!! FREE USA
          | mainland
          | > shipping.
          | > |
          | > | http://www.KiteHigh.com
          | > |
          | > | 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA 808 637 0025
          | > | Email:support@k...
          | > |
          | > | to unsubscribe send a message to kitesurf-unsubscribe@e...
          | > |
          | > | Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          | http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          | > |
          | > |
          | > |

          | This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com
          | The Original - Complete new packages from only $879!! FREE USA mainland
          shipping.

          | http://www.KiteHigh.com
          |
          | 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA 808 637 0025
          | Email:support@...

        • arc460
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 1 7:05 AM
            In that case, If i bought one and it does end up being one of these
            do you think they'd take it back ?

            even if I got it privatly ?

            Thanks.

          • echild@csc.com.au
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 1 5:58 PM
              Ron,
              I too had a R3 but mine was a 2000 model. Mine delaminated in 6
              months. In the end the leading edge bladder exploded on a spot where the
              top sheet had delaminated. After the kite poped I returned to place of
              purchase. Naish inspected the kite in sydney and were not prepared to
              replace or fix. I became the worst customer they ever got. I thretened
              legal action as I had looked after my kite and not really crashed it all
              that much. In Australia also there is a law that protects consumers for a
              period of 12 months on faulty good no matter what they tell you is the
              warranty. I pushed the point and got a Brand new kite. New kite was
              slightly different 2001 model. (Valve velcro's sewed to the kite, Material
              seems a little different but could still be the same material as the 2000
              models) Return your kite as soon a possible and get it replaced as it will
              explode its just a question of time. When my kite poped It was not
              overinflated or crashed it just poped as the top sheet was gone the
              material just stretched and riped. Sine I had my kite replaced I sold all
              my inflatable kites and bought all FLYSURFER Foil Kites. These are awsome.
              And you never have to worry about delamination as the whole kite is made of
              the same material. Plus you dont have to pump it up. Email me if you want
              more info.

              Evan Child
              Email : echild@...

              | | "arc460" |