Re: [ksurf] Dakine Fusion Seat Harness+Naish waist comments

  • Dwight & Jacky
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 1, 2002
      The Naish has a stainless steel spreader bar that attaches like a Pro Limit.
      It looks nothing like last years harness.

      Dwight

      | Does it has the same plastic end push on spreader bar?
      |
      | Ron

      The
      | buckles are shot. Dakine repairs their harness for free in the US, even
      when
      | they are very old.
      |
      | Did anybody notice in the Cabarete photos the girls wore seat harnesses,
      | while the men wore waist harnesses? I guess not having balls makes those
      leg
      | straps feel better.
      |
      | If anybody cares, I just tried the Naish KITE waist harness. It stays down
      | better than any waist harness I've tried before. The harness is belled out
      | at the bottom which allows it to sit over the hips. Other harnesses want
      | ride up because they don't fit over the hip. They must be worn higher on
      the
      | back. The Naish is designed to sit on the lower back and stay there. The
      | Naish WINDSURF waist is designed to ride higher, like Dakine harnesses.
      The
      | Naish feels supportive and well padded when edging real hard for long
      | periods. I can't say that about other waist harnesses I've tried.
      |
      | Dwight
      |
      | | I have just started kiteboarding in the last month. I'm have a great
      | | time, but I'm having a problem with a Dakine Fusion seat harness. The
      | | leg straps will not stay hooked. There are two other guys here with
      | | that harness and having the same problem. Seems to me like a critical
      | | design flaw using small plastic buckles as critical load bearing
      | | components. Are we doing something wrong, or should I just stay away
      | | from Dakine equipment in the future? Any help would be appriciated.
      | |
      | | cp
      | |
      | |
      | | This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com
      | | The Original - Complete new packages from only $879!! FREE USA mainland
      | shipping.
      | |
      | | http://www.KiteHigh.com
      | |
      | | 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA 808 637 0025
      | | Email:support@...
      | |
      | | to unsubscribe send a message to kitesurf-unsubscribe@egroups.com
      | |
      | | Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      | |
      | |
      | |

      | This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com
      | The Original - Complete new packages from only $879!! FREE USA mainland
      | shipping.
      |
      | http://www.KiteHigh.com
      |
      | 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA 808 637 0025
      | Email:support@...

      | This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com
      | The Original - Complete new packages from only $879!! FREE USA mainland
      shipping.

      | http://www.KiteHigh.com
      |
      | 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA 808 637 0025
      | Email:support@...

    • hernanhome
      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 1, 2002
        I have fusion 02 and works fine. I dont put too much tension in
        leg straps. But, I m using the 3 years old waist termoform again.
        I find it much better for my back.
        Hernan
      • hernanhome
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 1, 2002
            --- In kitesurf@y..., "Dwight & Jacky" <fishersfort@c...> wrote:
            Dakine repairs their harness for free in the US, even when
            > they are very old.
            > Dwight
            What does dakine do to alleviate the male/female buckles that dont
            stay together? Do they sew in a different buckle design for you?
            My harness the right strap always released, the left never released.
            Switching the male pieces left to right and the release problem moves
            to the left side. Dakine sent me 4 new male ends. All but one holds
            on the left side, 2 hold on the right- 2 do not.

            MARK
          • ozkite
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 2, 2002
              --- In kitesurf@y..., "dixon76710" <dixon76710@y...> wrote:
              > What does dakine do to alleviate the male/female buckles that dont
              > stay together? Do they sew in a different buckle design for you?

              I've got no idea what Dakine do, but on my XtSeat I replaced the
              buckles with ladder locks. They don't slip and are almost as quick
              to get out of.

              Chris