Re: New file uploaded to kitesurf

  • kiteboard2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 1, 2002
      --- In kitesurf@y..., "theflyingtinman" <thorpes@a...> wrote:

      > Very effective I imagine. But you could have probably used
      something a bit more lightweight than a vacuum cleaner hose
      > to add the rigidity ;-)

      Any thoughts on my idea to leash a front line, & simply run it
      through a fairlead offset from the bar center? The concept is that
      very little torque should be needed to rotate the leash if there's
      very little load on the swivel (leash has it's own swivel), therefore
      only a short lever arm is needed to rotate it.

      Mel
    • Kitepower
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 3, 2002
        G'day Peter

        Thanks for casting your wise eye over my rig, and you did have a good look
        too! :-)
        I am going to change the position of the where the leash attaches inside the
        Wichard, it has not come off, but I have never released the bar with this
        particular shackle set-up yet, I only started stocking Wichard and Harken
        last week.
        I have changed the release for this Wichard too, from what is shown. I cut
        off and removed the stock release "string", after attaching a rope ball to
        it and breaking it!
        Now I just have a very short piece of 5mm rope with rope balls either side,
        fitted above the release spring.
        I will post an updated pic, it won't have all the labelling.

        I hear what you are saying about the rope balls, but I only use Ronstan ones
        ( very good quality), and have never heard of one failing. If you are
        concerned about this or are a big person just use 2 SS rings.

        Cya and
        Goodwinds
        Steve McCormack
        http://www.kitepower.com.au