Re: Dakine Fusion Seat Harness

  • loco4viento
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1 12:14 AM
      They get loaded up pretty hard when you're jumping sometimes.

      John

      --- In kitesurf@y..., "theflyingtinman" <thorpes@a...> wrote:

      > Seriously though, I've used a Fusion for most of my one-and-a-half
      > seasons riding (quickly realized the Nexus waist harness was a bad
      > idea) and I haven't once had the plastic buckles open. I don't really
      > feel as though a lot of load is on the legstraps when I hang in the
      > harness ( and I have 210lb to load up that harness ) it feels more
      > like the load is transferred through the back of the harness - with
      > the leg straps jsut working to stop it riding up.
      > Steve T.
    • terminalveloce
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 1 1:21 AM
        The new Fusion looks a bit different to mine, but I've never had
        problems with mine coming unclipped. What has happened though is the
        other end of the buckle (short end) has torn out of the harness.
        This happened to me and another bloke I know, but just sew them back
        in with a bit of reinforcing and they're fine (seems a bit poor for a
        relatively expensive harness though). I find the Fusion
        uncomfortable to walk around in with the leg loops done up, but it's
        very comfy on the water, which is what counts.

        You can take a small triangular file and sharpen the "teeth" on the
        buckle. Only do a little bit at a time though. This also works on
        the teeth of ladderlock buckles (like the ones some of us use for
        depower straps) when they get worn. Sharpen them so the teeth grab
        again an they're as good as new.

        Your problem may also have something to do with where you're parking
        your kite - having just started you're probably parking the kite
        overhead a lot, right? This will strangle your bollocks and put a
        lot of load on leg loops, especially if your getting tea bagged
        around, apart from being a dangerous practice on/near land.

        I took the buckles off my previous harness (not a DaKine) and just
        stitched the loops up to fit me.

        Pete

        --- In kitesurf@y..., "cp2616" <casey_j_powers@h...> wrote:
        > I have just started kiteboarding in the last month. I'm have a
        great
        > time, but I'm having a problem with a Dakine Fusion seat harness.
        The