Re: [ksurf] Dakine Fusion Seat Harness+Naish waist comments

  • Dwight & Jacky
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 30, 2002
      Have you been dragged hard with it and had the leg straps pop open. Once the
      buckles have been pulled apart once, they never hold worth a crap again. The
      buckles are shot. Dakine repairs their harness for free in the US, even when
      they are very old.

      Did anybody notice in the Cabarete photos the girls wore seat harnesses,
      while the men wore waist harnesses? I guess not having balls makes those leg
      straps feel better.

      If anybody cares, I just tried the Naish KITE waist harness. It stays down
      better than any waist harness I've tried before. The harness is belled out
      at the bottom which allows it to sit over the hips. Other harnesses want to
      ride up because they don't fit over the hip. They must be worn higher on the
      back. The Naish is designed to sit on the lower back and stay there. The
      Naish WINDSURF waist is designed to ride higher, like Dakine harnesses. The
      Naish feels supportive and well padded when edging real hard for long
      periods. I can't say that about other waist harnesses I've tried.

      Dwight

      | I have just started kiteboarding in the last month. I'm have a great
      | time, but I'm having a problem with a Dakine Fusion seat harness. The
      | leg straps will not stay hooked. There are two other guys here with
      | that harness and having the same problem. Seems to me like a critical
      | design flaw using small plastic buckles as critical load bearing
      | components. Are we doing something wrong, or should I just stay away
      | from Dakine equipment in the future? Any help would be appriciated.
      |
      | cp
      |

      | This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com
      | The Original - Complete new packages from only $879!! FREE USA mainland
      shipping.

      | http://www.KiteHigh.com
      |
      | 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA 808 637 0025
      | Email:support@...

    • Ron Seydler
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 30, 2002
        Does it has the same plastic end push on spreader bar?

        Ron

        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 1 5:16 AM
          The Naish has a stainless steel spreader bar that attaches like a Pro Limit.
          It looks nothing like last years harness.

          Dwight

          | Does it has the same plastic end push on spreader bar?
          |
          | Ron

          | |
          | | cp
          | |
          | |
          | | This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com
          | | The Original - Complete new packages from only $879!! FREE USA mainland
          | shipping.
          | |
          | | http://www.KiteHigh.com
          | |
          | | 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA 808 637 0025
          | | Email:support@...
          | |
          | | to unsubscribe send a message to kitesurf-unsubscribe@egroups.com
          | |
          | | Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          | |
          | |
          | |

          | This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com
          | The Original - Complete new packages from only $879!! FREE USA mainland
          | shipping.
          |
          | http://www.KiteHigh.com
          |
          | 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA 808 637 0025
          | Email:support@...

          | This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com
          | The Original - Complete new packages from only $879!! FREE USA mainland
          shipping.

          | http://www.KiteHigh.com
          |
          | 1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA 808 637 0025
          | Email:support@...

        • hernanhome
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 1 6:08 AM
            I have fusion 02 and works fine. I dont put too much tension in
            leg straps. But, I m using the 3 years old waist termoform again.
            I find it much better for my back.
            Hernan
          • hernanhome
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 1 7:36 AM
                --- In kitesurf@y..., "Dwight & Jacky" <fishersfort@c...> wrote:
                Dakine repairs their harness for free in the US, even when
                > they are very old.
                > Dwight
                What does dakine do to alleviate the male/female buckles that dont
                stay together? Do they sew in a different buckle design for you?
                My harness the right strap always released, the left never released.
                Switching the male pieces left to right and the release problem moves
                to the left side. Dakine sent me 4 new male ends. All but one holds
                on the left side, 2 hold on the right- 2 do not.

                MARK
              • ozkite
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 2 12:20 AM
                  --- In kitesurf@y..., "dixon76710" <dixon76710@y...> wrote:
                  > What does dakine do to alleviate the male/female buckles that dont
                  > stay together? Do they sew in a different buckle design for you?

                  I've got no idea what Dakine do, but on my XtSeat I replaced the
                  buckles with ladder locks. They don't slip and are almost as quick
                  to get out of.

                  Chris