Wave Trays everywhere in Cabarete

  • Dwight & Jacky
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 29, 2002
      Did anybody else notice this? Maybe us hackers on this kite group do know a
      good board when we get one. :-)

      It looks to me like these pros are all on wave trays. I hope I identifed the
      people correctly.

      Dwight

      http://www.cabaretekiteboard2002.com/action/photos/day4/source/103.html

      Shelden Plentovich (2nd place)

      http://www.cabaretekiteboard2002.com/action/photos/day2/source/130.html

      Cindy Mosey (1st place)

      http://www.cabaretekiteboard2002.com/action/photos/day4/source/105.html

      Martin Vari (3rd place)
    • peter_frank_dk
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 30, 2002
        Well, I think actually it looks like wavetrays AND Lord Of
        Hellfire's ...

        Both are the most used boards(types)right now
        I have the Hellfire, and will use a Wipika "Mystery 150" as a wave
        tray light wind trick board. This board is sooooo light !

        Where have all the directionals gone ???

        :-) Peter

        --- In kitesurf@y..., "Dwight & Jacky" <fishersfort@c...> wrote:
        > Did anybody else notice this? Maybe us hackers on this kite group
        do know a
        > good board when we get one. :-)
        >
        > It looks to me like these pros are all on wave trays. I hope I
        identifed the
        > people correctly.
        >
        > Dwight

        http://www.cabaretekiteboard2002.com/action/photos/day4/source/103.htm

        > Shelden Plentovich (2nd place)

        http://www.cabaretekiteboard2002.com/action/photos/day2/source/130.htm

        > Cindy Mosey (1st place)

        http://www.cabaretekiteboard2002.com/action/photos/day4/source/105.htm

        > Martin Vari (3rd place)
      • callum_downie
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 30, 2002
          Hey Peter,

          They are undergrounds... trust me...
          From what I hear alot more top riders will soon be riding them.

          --- In kitesurf@y..., "peter_frank_dk" <pf@4...> wrote:
          > Well, I think actually it looks like wavetrays AND Lord Of
          > Hellfire's ...
          >
          > Both are the most used boards(types)right now
          > I have the Hellfire, and will use a Wipika "Mystery 150" as a wave
          > tray light wind trick board. This board is sooooo light !
          >
          > Where have all the directionals gone ???
          >
          > :-) Peter
          >
          > --- In kitesurf@y..., "Dwight & Jacky" <fishersfort@c...> wrote:
          > > Did anybody else notice this? Maybe us hackers on this kite group
          > do know a
          > > good board when we get one. :-)
          > >
          > > It looks to me like these pros are all on wave trays. I hope I
          > identifed the
          > > people correctly.
          > >
          > > Dwight

          http://www.cabaretekiteboard2002.com/action/photos/day4/source/103.htm

          > > Shelden Plentovich (2nd place)

          http://www.cabaretekiteboard2002.com/action/photos/day2/source/130.htm

          > > Cindy Mosey (1st place)

          http://www.cabaretekiteboard2002.com/action/photos/day4/source/105.htm

          > > Martin Vari (3rd place)
        • theomnipotence
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 30, 2002
            --- In kitesurf@y..., "peter_frank_dk" <pf@4...> wrote:

            > Where have all the directionals gone ???
            >
            > :-) Peter

            I have em all stuffed away in my garage....I figure they are just
            like bell bottoms, they will eventually come back into style.

            :)

            What was Flash Austin and Jeff Tobias riding? Were they not on
            directionals?

            I still like directionals...maybe a bit smaller now than what they
            used to be, but I like em. Slingshot/Doyle surf series directionals
            are THE BOMB!

            Johnny

            > --- In kitesurf@y..., "Dwight & Jacky" <fishersfort@c...> wrote:
            > > Did anybody else notice this? Maybe us hackers on this kite group
            > do know a
            > > good board when we get one. :-)
            > >
            > > It looks to me like these pros are all on wave trays. I hope I
            > identifed the
            > > people correctly.
            > >
            > > Dwight

            http://www.cabaretekiteboard2002.com/action/photos/day4/source/103.htm

            > > Shelden Plentovich (2nd place)

            http://www.cabaretekiteboard2002.com/action/photos/day2/source/130.htm

            > > Cindy Mosey (1st place)

            http://www.cabaretekiteboard2002.com/action/photos/day4/source/105.htm

            > > Martin Vari (3rd place)
          • juliankidd
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 30, 2002
              directional riders: shinn, lago, austin, tobias, james, kellner,
              fernandez, bo, reid.
              the rest were TT. (maybe 1 or 2 wakeboarders)

              The chicks were TT and 2 wakeboarders.

              --- In kitesurf@y..., "theomnipotence" <johnny@t...> wrote:
              > --- In kitesurf@y..., "peter_frank_dk" <pf@4...> wrote:
              >
              > > Where have all the directionals gone ???
              > >
              > > :-) Peter
              >
              > I have em all stuffed away in my garage....I figure they are just
              > like bell bottoms, they will eventually come back into style.
              >
              > :)
              >
              > What was Flash Austin and Jeff Tobias riding? Were they not on
              > directionals?
              >
              > I still like directionals...maybe a bit smaller now than what they
              > used to be, but I like em. Slingshot/Doyle surf series
              directionals
              > are THE BOMB!
              >
              > Johnny
              >

              > > --- In kitesurf@y..., "Dwight & Jacky" <fishersfort@c...> wrote:
              > > > Did anybody else notice this? Maybe us hackers on this kite
              group
              > > do know a
              > > > good board when we get one. :-)
              > > >
              > > > It looks to me like these pros are all on wave trays. I hope I
              > > identifed the
              > > > people correctly.
              > > >
              > > > Dwight

              http://www.cabaretekiteboard2002.com/action/photos/day4/source/103.ht