Naish 5"2' mutants snapping??????

  • macca_12002
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 29, 2002
      Hi
      Has any one had any experience with this.
      Board about 3 months old with crack across the middle. Whats Naishs
      veiw, manufacturing fault? warranty claim?
      Cheers.
    • robclaisse
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 29, 2002
        Well, I've had 3 4'11" Mutants and they've all broken! Level with the
        front foot strap, the crack starts just up from the rail and runs
        under the pad. The first one was sort of warrentied but the Naish
        importer also said it was partly a good will gester. Didn't even
        bother trying to warrenty the others, cos it took soooo long the time
        before.

        The guy who repaired them, said that the when he opened it up he was
        quite surpirse to see that the construstion of the board is a cheap
        as you could probably get. No carbon, no decend form core (he said it
        was like polysytrene!).

        Anyway, you should try and get it warrentied. In my opinion they
        shouldn't break this easy. I should also say that I am pretty heavy
        (105kg), so this was obviously a factor, but still not a reason for
        everyone to break, especially when they're not that cheap!

        Laters

        Rob

        --- In kitesurf@y..., "macca_12002" <guy.mcclements@n...> wrote:
        > Hi
        > Has any one had any experience with this.
        > Board about 3 months old with crack across the middle. Whats Naishs
        > veiw, manufacturing fault? warranty claim?
        > Cheers.
      • kiteboardingjapan
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 29, 2002
          --- In kitesurf@y..., "robclaisse" <rob.claisse@b...> wrote:
          > Well, I've had 3 4'11" Mutants and they've all broken!

          I've got to ask...
          Why do you keep using Mutants!? The only heavy rider I know, at 95kg,
          broke his in a couple of weeks. In fact Mutants breaking easily seems
          to be known by a lot of riders where I am. Amazingly, many people are
          still riding them. Shows the power of advertising...
          It can't be bad...it's a Naish!

          Nick
        • robclaisse
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 29, 2002
            I keep ride then because there a really good board. All the
            manufactures seem so hung up on twin-tips and wakeboards and don't
            seem to want to make mutants, other than Naish. Obviously you can get
            customs but not so easily in the UK.

            As it happens I have an Underground WaveTray, and I'm going to get a
            Mutant made by the Kellner Brothers, which is very strong and an
            amazing board.

            Laters

            Rob

            --- In kitesurf@y..., "kiteboardingjapan" <nick@h...> wrote:
            > --- In kitesurf@y..., "robclaisse" <rob.claisse@b...> wrote:
            > > Well, I've had 3 4'11" Mutants and they've all broken!
            >
            > I've got to ask...
            > Why do you keep using Mutants!? The only heavy rider I know, at
            95kg,
            > broke his in a couple of weeks. In fact Mutants breaking easily
            seems
            > to be known by a lot of riders where I am. Amazingly, many people
            are
            > still riding them. Shows the power of advertising...
            > It can't be bad...it's a Naish!
            >
            > Nick
          • Tsunamisports
            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 1, 2002
              Try the ETIK from AHD. It came out tops in a recent test in a French kite
              mag. Killer board, and Swiss perfection in manufacture.

              Check out www.a-h-d.com

              Shaun Pretorius
              Tsunami Sports

              www.tsunamisports.co.za
              info@...

              Tel: +27 31 2019776
              I keep ride then because there a really good board. All the
              manufactures seem so hung up on twin-tips and wakeboards and don't
              seem to want to make mutants, other than Naish. Obviously you can get
              customs but not so easily in the UK.

              As it happens I have an Underground WaveTray, and I'm going to get a
              Mutant made by the Kellner Brothers, which is very strong and an
              amazing board.

              Laters

              Rob

              --- In kitesurf@y..., "kiteboardingjapan" <nick@h...> wrote:
              > --- In kitesurf@y..., "robclaisse" <rob.claisse@b...> wrote:
              > > Well, I've had 3 4'11" Mutants and they've all broken!
              >
              > I've got to ask...
              > Why do you keep using Mutants!? The only heavy rider I know, at
              95kg,
              > broke his in a couple of weeks. In fact Mutants breaking easily
              seems
              > to be known by a lot of riders where I am. Amazingly, many people
              are
              > still riding them. Shows the power of advertising...
              > It can't be bad...it's a Naish!
              >
              > Nick

              This group is sponsored by KiteHIGH.com
              The Original - Complete new packages from only $879!! FREE USA mainland
              shipping.

              http://www.KiteHigh.com

              1 866 646 7835 Toll Free USA 808 637 0025
              Email:support@...