[ksurf] footstrap placement and board conversion

  • hedwear@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 1999
      I have an old Wayler sailboard that I am interested in converting
      because of it's buoyancy. I don't plan on this being my only board,
      but as practice to be more successful on my wake-board. If I
      understand correctly it will take a lot more wind to plane on such a
      heavy board, but I was wondering if it is at all still possible to surf
      without planeing?

      I really would like to convert the sailboard, but I don't think that
      the method would fit the description of the conversions that have
      recently been a topic in the group. My board is epoxy, and heavy, but
      very stable. Instead of drilling can't I just sink screws that create
      their own thread?

      Thankyou