[ksurf] Re: leach broken

  • simon.street@tinyonline.co.uk
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 1999
      I've broken two leashes and since I now have a sweet custom board
      (courtesy of Henio at K-Bay, UK) I'm keen that it doesn't happen again.
      To save my board from being lost in the English Channel, I now attach a
      3mm safety line parallel to the leash and taped to it at 10 cm
      intervals. As it does not swivel at either end, you need to watch that
      it doesn't twist too many times around the leash and bite into it,
      compromising it's strength. Also make the safety slightly longer than
      the leash so that the leash can still stretch. If the leash breaks you
      won't lose your board, but don't rely on the safety thereafter, as it's
      painful if it wraps around your ankle under tension. Fly High
      Simon.

      "mark tober" <mtobe-@...> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/kitesurf/?start=5515
      > Hello,
      >
      > I broke my leach for the third time in a few months, this time a Da
      Kine. Do you think I can use a piece of rope instead of the plastic
      leach? (Or would this be dangerous?)