[ksurf] No Subject

  • Emi Z.
    Message 1 of 207 , Oct 1, 1999
      Hello ,

      I'm new to this group and to kitesurfing in general .
      I was wondering...
      I'm a good quad and stunt pilot , with a few years of experience in flying both.I have now a stack of 4 Maxima's , a C-2 and an older , slower , home-made replica of a Q-2005 which i use for body dragging and down-wind swimming and a few stunters .
      On the other hand, boards are quite a strange thing to me , never even tried geeting on one :))..
      How important is that part in the total scheme of kitesurfing ? How long did it take you guys to learn ? Has anyone tried to learn unaided ? How did you go about it ?
      I don't think there are any kitesurfers in Israel , there barely are any kitefliers, so there's noone around to watch and learn from. I'm just about to drill an old 2 meter surfboard for foot straps, i've alredy read the discussion about optimum placing of those, and i'd like to know just what to do when i get it to the beach with the C2 flying, other than looking at both kite and board as if they're all new to me..
      Please help with advice ,

      Thanks,

      Emi Zeltzer
      • Ph - Home 972 - 3 - 6953002
      •        Work 972 - 3 - 6978720
      • ICQ - 11931240
      • E - mail : emi@...

      "It seems the world is divided into good and bad people. The good ones sleep better -- while the bad ones seem to enjoy the waking hours much more."- Woody Allen

    • roberto
      Message 207 of 207 , Mar 30, 2000
        hi,
        i'm from south italy, Bari...is there any kitesurfer?
        i hope yes