[ksurf] Advice wanted on Naish Kite Sizes

  • david@dtdesign.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1, 1999
      Hi there,
      I am a beginner, and about to order my first Kite (Naish). I am quite
      heavy (97kg or 214pounds) and want to sail in the broadest windrange
      possible - but mainly in our Melbourne seabreezes which could be
      anywhere between 12 and 22 knots.
      I am a very experienced Sailboarder - and have a heap of windsurfing
      high wind gear that I would probrably use in stronger wind.
      I know that kitesurfing can be done in lighter winds than windsurfing -
      but I am guessing that like Windsurfing, the fun starts above 15 knots?
      Initially I thought this could be a lite(r) wind alternative, but I
      know that once I get into it i'll be wanting to sail in stronger wind!
      What I am trying to decide is - should I go the Naish 7m or the 9m? I
      have read the recommended wind ranges for the kites - but is there
      anyone who is a similar weight than can offer some advice? I will
      probrably get a 195cm directional board. Also where I sail is by no
      means surf - but it can get quite rough in the stronger seabreezes.