[ksurf] Re: board advice.

  • Hung Vu
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30, 1999
      > Michael Kassal wrote:
      >
      > "I am looking forward to try these theories out today in 40 - 60 km
      > wind
      > (25 - 37 mph) ::::::))))))))) "
      >
      > I went out today in that same wind using 7.2 wave, 60m lines, 23
      > gusting to 30kts. Yes it was fun! at times I was flying from wave
      > top to wave top.
      > The lesson for today was the Fone230 is too much board in high wind.

      The wind was actually around 20 knots gusting to 35 - 40 knots (peak at
      42.6).

      I didn't seem to have much problem with the FOne230 even though I wished
      I had had a smaller board. It's the kite that I had problem with (the
      35 - 40 knots gusts were just too much for my 3.5 m2 Wipika).

      The difference probably due to the fact that I sailed in a lake and you
      sailed in the ocean.

      Hung.
    • Michel Montmigny
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 1999
        Hello Mike,

        Big wind for that size sail!

        About board size, you are absolutly right. My world since I am doing
        kitesurfing is "Smaller is Better" only for kitesurfing :0)

        Michel Montminy
        http://www.conceptair.com
        201 bld Tadoussac
        Canton-Tremblay, Qc