[ksurf] Re: 4 line Wipika safety

  • Greg.Walsh@dhs.vic.gov.au
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 30, 1999
      Oops!. Sorry. My brain was off on a tangent at the time. Must have had a 24
      hour brain tumour or something. It all becomes clear now.

      "dave folkard" <dave@...> on 01/10/99 10:49:50 AM

      Please respond to kitesurf@egroups.com

      To: kitesurf@egroups.com
      cc: (bcc: Greg Walsh/HeadOffice/DHS)
      Subject: [ksurf] Re: 4 line Wipika safety

      Re: [ksurf] Re: 4 line Wipika safetyGreg

      "When I fly my 4-line foil using only the front lines I pull the right line
      to turn left and vice versa. Your description of flying with a bar
      describes the opposite, pull the left side to turn left. Sounds more like
      riding a bike. Is this correct?"

      Are you sure about this ? I'm talking about facing the kite.

      "Similarly, I pull the back lines to stall the wing to de-power it where
      the system you describe does the reverse"

      Yep thats right. With a Wipika or Naish trying to stall the kite on the
      back lines is bad news.
      Pulling down the front makes the kite fly faster with a lower angle of
      attack. Do this too much and it starts luffing (a foil will front tuck and
      collapse).

      "Is this the difference between 4-line with handles and 4-line to a
      straight bar?"
      Yes - some of them
      Dave